Curb Your Enthusiasm - Season 10

WillG

Lead Actor
Reaction score
-When Larry called out the maitre d at a local upscale restaurant that he was seating people based on their appearance; i.e., it appeared that he seated the "ugly" people on one side of the room, and the "pretty" people had the better, choice seats near the window - ha ha. Very funny, especially since I think I saw Gwyneth Paltrow & at least one other well-known actor on the "good" side - LOL. In any case, I've never thought of this potential "policy" before, but I suspect it does happen ;)
I enjoyed Nick Kroll playing a total, pretentious dick.

WillG

Lead Actor
Reaction score
But that doesn't mean I couldn't laugh at this episode, or Fred Armisen's 'lame' impersonation of someone with a walker (more shoulders, looking straight down, and like you're hanging on for dear life). But if I ever catch someone pulling a Larry David on me needlessly hogging the close handicap spot, I'm going to give them the full JB Smooth "Motherfucker!" treatment.
of course. Larry and Leon parking spree was wrong, but relatable, who doesn’t sometimes fantasize about having absolute parking freedom.

joshEH

Producer
Reaction score
Real Name
Josh
It's insane how much of this season has been devoted to all facets of using the restroom.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Reaction score
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
It's insane how much of this season has been devoted to all facets of using the restroom.
Yeah, but you gotta admit, that's a bitchin' urinal.

Reactions: joshEH

The Drifter

Supporting Actor
Reaction score
Real Name
Jim
Caught up to the latest episode of Curb - excellent! This episode was one of the better ones:

Being a big fan of Mad Men, it was hilarious to see Jon Hamm "shadowing" LD to prepare for a new film where he was going to star as an LD-like "character", and even funnier was when Hamm was actually channeling LD, acting like him, and laughing when they both got yelled at/taken to task for being jerks ;)

Going along with this, it was funny how Cheryl & Susie were contemptuous & dismissive of Hamm - ha ha.

As always, I like the mutual insults between Richard Lewis & LD - always great.
The funniest one in this episode was when Lewis found out about Hamm's movie (about an LD-like character), and Lewis jokingly/sarcastically said something like, "What's the name of this movie?! - "The biggest @[email protected]%[email protected] to ever roam the face of the earth?!" - LOL!!!!

Cheryl's sister was great, as always - though I know we haven't seen her for years on the show. It was funny (but very predictable) how she manipulated LD into letting her keep all of the money from the potential sale of the house - even though he didn't really have any legal obligation to any of it, given that he & Cheryl "gifted" her the house years before. It was also obvious that the only reason she was hooking up with LD was in order to "get back" at Cheryl, due to their intense competition - ha ha.

Also very funny is that after Cheryl's sister & LD start seeing each other, he goes out of his way to help her clean up her messy house, so the house can sell.....even though he's not getting any of the money - ha ha. What a sucker ;)

It was great when people's attitude about doing something completely changed when they were told whatever it was would be "appreciated" - LMFAO ;)

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Premium
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Real Name
Tony D.
I just watched the Jon Hamm episode and man his transformation into Larry was one of the funniest things I’ve seen on this sHow.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Reaction score
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Just caught up on the two latest episodes. Both were excellent, as always.

Loved the Latte Larry "Spite Store" commercial.

John Hamm was excellent, particularly his transformation into Larry and talking about things like "wobbly tables."

Just an update, I am about 4 episodes away from being able to claim I watched the entire series.

Just getting towards the end of Season Five.

A couple of thoughts:

I know some will disagree, but the first two seasons are probably the weakest of them all, only because the show was finding its footing.

In fact, I really thought the series started coming into its prime with Season Four which centered around Mel Brooks and The Producers.

My favorite season of all? Season 9 which deals with Fatwa: The Musical. Just thought it was very well done and the fact that they actually filmed this fictional musical complete with F. Murray Abraham (of all people) was just phenomenal.

One of the most genius writing moments I have seen in this show...

The episode where Larry's Rabbi says he wants to bring a SURVIVOR to a party. Larry brings his Holocaust survivor acquaintance thinking both survivors would have something to talk about. Lo' and behold, one of them is a TV show series Survivor. Watching both survivors sit at the table and compare TV show vs. Holocaust experiences is comedy gold.

Last edited:

TravisR

Studio Mogul
Reaction score
The episode where Larry's Rabbi says he wants to bring a SURVIVOR to a party. Larry brings his Holocaust survivor acquaintance thinking both survivors would have something to talk about. Lo' and behold, one of them is a TV show series Survivor. Watching both survivors sit at the table and compare TV show vs. Holocaust experiences is comedy gold.
"Did you ever see our show? It was called the Holocaust!"

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Reaction score
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Reactions: TravisR

ScottH

Producer
Reaction score
Real Name
Scott Hanson
The Fatwa season was definitely my least favorite. I loved the Mel Brooks season though.

WillG

Lead Actor
Reaction score
Just caught up to the most recent episode. What was mocha Joe’s if Larry and Leon didn’t get struck with diarrhea?

Kind of thought the episode was leading up to Larry’s “no defication” policy biting him in the ass (no pun intended)

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
John_Weber