Cupid?

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Mark To, Sep 14, 2004.

1. Mark To

Mark To Supporting Actor

Okay, I don't care for many new shows but I happened to catch a couple of these by chance before it got cancelled and I thought this was a pretty well written, intelligent show. Any demand for this to be released?

2. Todd Hostettler

Todd Hostettler Second Unit

I'd snap it up in a minute. Hell, I'd kill just to see it rebroadcast on some cable station at 2:00 in the morning.

Jeremy Piven has never been better, IMHO.

3. Derek Miner

Derek Miner Screenwriter

The creator of Cupid has a new show airing this fall... which could be any day now, I suppose (I'm so out of touch these days, working two jobs)... If it were to blow up huge, I suppose that would bode well for Cupid coming to DVD.

Still, with almost a full season of episodes, I have no idea why this show was never even licensed into some cable TV deal. It has essentially sat on the shelf since ABC canned it. At least give us a chance to see it again...

Too bad Universal doesn't own the show, then it might show up on Trio's next "Brilliant But Cancelled" cycle.

4. Derek Miner

Derek Miner Screenwriter

So since ABC and Sony are going ahead with Rob Thomas' "reinvention" of 'Cupid':
    Hollywood Reporter blurb

... when can we get the ORIGINAL show on DVD?

5. MatthewLouwrens

MatthewLouwrens Producer

I completely dismissed Cupid when it initially aired - it just had no appeal to me at all.
    But in the early months of this year, Alan Sepinwall (a TV critic whose blog I regularly read) revisited the show (through YouTube videos) as part of his "Strike Survival Club". So I watched the show, solely because of Alan's recommendation (and because I loved Veronica Mars). And I loved the show. It really is an excellent programme, and I would buy the DVD the day it is released.

(By the way, if you're a fan of the show, it's worth reading Alan's posts, if only because a couple of episodes in, Rob Thomas starts providing his own comments on the episodes as well.)

6. Hank Dearborn

Hank Dearborn Supporting Actor

It really was a very good show and finished quite high on Sony's last TV poll.

7. Derek Miner

Derek Miner Screenwriter