What's new

CueCat....again (1 Viewer)

Greg Kennedy

Agent
Hi, all. I successfully modified my CueCat to read barcodes normally. I just had a question about using this with DVD Profiler. I know someone mentioned this as one of the purposes, but unfortunately the barcode scans in a first and last digit on a DVD barcode that DVD profiler doesn't need. In other words, after you scan the barcode, you still have to go through and delete the first and last digits for DVD Profiler to recognize the DVD. Are there any work arounds to have the CueCat ignore the first and last digits?

Thanks.

Greg

Craig Robertson

Supporting Actor
the newest version of DVD profiler has CueCat support built in. when you have the "add dvd" window open, next to the space you enter UPC's it says "plugins", click on that and follow all the drop downs to "scan", this will allow you to use the CueCat without running CatNip.

however, if you want to use CatNip you need to edit the settings.
start CatNip
right click on the CatNip icon in the taskbar and select "Settings"
click the "profiles" tab
under "Current Profiles" single click where it says "UPA" under "scan"
now under "filter" change the first and last "+" to "-", this tells it to disregard those characters.

Keith Mickunas

Senior HTF Member
Greg, did you try posting on DVD Profiler's forums? I know they're usually pretty good at answering those questions over there.

My experience has always been with CatNip, and it works fine as Craig suggested.

Aaron Whitaker

Stunt Coordinator
The CueCat. I forgot all about that technology. I picked one up for free at Radio Shack a long time ago. I couldn't use it because I use Macs, but I gave it to my Dad who uses PC's. Has this thing caught on at all and what do you guys use it for? Curious.:D

Craig Robertson

Supporting Actor
i don't think the CueCat model ever caught on. most just use it as a barcode reader to enter dvd's into DVDProfiler.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks