What's new

Cube or No Cube (1 Viewer)

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
Well I'm hearing a price of $79 for a Gamecube on Black Friday and am wondering if I should bite? The only games I've wanted to get were Rogue Leader and Squadron. For $149 no way, but at $79 that's not too bad. I'm so divided !

Sean Moon

Senior HTF Member
Where did you hear about the $79 thing? That is the first I have heard of it.
And also, for the regular $99 now the Zelda bundle is out now! A Cube, controller, and FOUR Zelda games for $99? I am thinking of buying another cube just to get that disc and maybe giving my old cube to my nephews.

Marshall W. Carter

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Marshall W. Carter
For $79, heck, for $99, GO FOR IT! With the Zelda promo disc (featuring the two NES and two N64 Zelda games), it really is a no-brainer. I paid $149 for mine with Metroid Prime, and I haven't regreted it a bit. No one has in-house like Nintendo has in-house...

KevinRB

Stunt Coordinator
You can get a Gamecube for $65 on Ebay right now. If it drops to $79 retail, you might be able to get one for under $50.

Lee M T

Second Unit
Day after Thanks Giving. The GC is only going to be $79 at Walmart on that day from 6-11 a.m. With the type of crowds out, I don't think a $20 savings is worth it. I'd rather just pay &99 right now.

JamesH

Supporting Actor
Most stores won't make an adjustment for a Black Friday sale. I'd just get the cube now if you have a decent paying job and put in an extra hour at the office to make up the $20. $20 savings for a multiple hour wait isn't worth it. Also consider that the Zelda disc can be sold for some cash on ebay.

JoshuaL

Grip
I've gotten far more gameplay out of the GameCube than my PS2 (I've had them roughly the same amount of time) ... although I'm not big into shoot 'em up games, so that makes a difference. I paid $199 for the GC, and I still don't regret it. Metroid Prime was easily my favorite game of the last few years.

JoshHinkle

Auditioning
It really comes down to whether you want to play their first party games. For me, that's more than enough, as Nintendo's games are the reason I'm still a gamer.

If they're games aren't your bag, there's not much in the third party exclusive deparment. Mainly Resident Evil and some games here and there like Viewtiful Joe.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks