What's new

Cube News from IGN-Free Game with Purchase of system, Splinter Cell Delayed (1 Viewer)

Dave Bennett

Screenwriter
Noticed a few bits of interesting news on IGNCube. First the good news. Starting 2/9/03, when purchasing a Gamecube system at participating retailers, you will recieve a free game of your choice. The listed games are Metroid Prime, Mario Party 4, Resident Evil 0, and Star Fox Adventures. Should be all the more incentive for folks to get a cube(that and the Zelda preorder promo).
Now the bad news. Splinter Cell for the cube is not going to be released in March as its PS2 cousin will. Ubisoft announced it will instead be released in May and is more or less a port of the XBox version rather than a major retooling(as is being done with the PS2 version). Screen shots and movies will be shown next week.
So some good news and some bad news. If I still don't have an XBox by May I guess I'll pick up SC for the cube but if I do I'll just snag the XBox edition.

Scott_lb

Supporting Actor
Thanks for the news! I just wish that Sony would lower the price on the PS2, although I realize that they really don't need to since it's selling like hotcakes anyway. $225.00 (with memory card) just seems too high given the cost of the XBox (which I already own) and the upcoming Gamecube deal. Maybe I'll just borrow my friend's PS2 to play Devil May Cry 2 (and the original as well).

GlenHaag

Supporting Actor
If they're still doing this deal with the SMS bundle. Getting Metroid, SMS, and a cube for $190 is a great deal.

Glen

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks