What's new

Cubase & Virus Scanning Software (1 Viewer)

Darren Lewis

Supporting Actor
Not sure if anyone will be able to help with this one. Perhaps Vince as I know he's a musician?

My fiancee is a musician and uses Cubase VST32 5.1 on a dual-CPU dedicated workstation running Win2K Pro. She doesn't use much other software, but occasionally likes to surf the net via our LAN to check her email etc.

She's been told that it's best not to have other stuff running in the background when using Cubase as it can lead to problems when recording, although she mainly uses MIDI to control the external stuff.

I'd rather she has a virus scanner installed. Looking around the various newsgroups people seem to be saying that they have problems if running Norton or other background scanners.

Anyone got any suggestions?

Thanks.

Darren.

Kevin P

Screenwriter
Install Norton and then play with Cubase to see if it causes any problems. If the machine is recent vintage (Pentium III or better) there shouldn't be any issues. If there are, just disable the on-demand scanner (Auto-Protect), and just use the email and manual scanners.

For maximum protection, enable the AutoProtect while web surfing/reading email and then disable it while using Cubase.

KJP

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rekhasharmatdiu
Recent bookmarks