What's new

CTHV to release Groundhog Day Spec Ed in Jan (1 Viewer)

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
Over at DVD shrine, they announce a Jan 29th release date for Groundhog Day Spec Ed.
------------------

Dan Brecher

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Daniel
Little else I can say but YAY!
"Don't drive angry!"
Dan (UK)
[Edited last by Dan Brecher on October 22, 2001 at 07:03 AM]

Ricky f

Supporting Actor
Greetings and Salutations
Well this is just great news
icon14.gif
CTHV
Regards,
Ricky
------------------
jasvparbanner2.jpg

www.petitiononline.com/UncutDVD

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Finally! Can't wait.
It's kind of funny, actually, because I had kept holding off buying the current disc because of the SE rumor. Then, in July, I gave in and bought it for $9.95 at Wal-Mart. I had a feeling that the SE would be released within 6 months after I bought it. I was just about right. :) I don't mind, though, because this movie is worth it.

Randy_M

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Randy
One of my faves...I must have watched the current version of the disc about 15 or 20 times...I'll be glad to repurchase this one and pass my current version on to a friend...

GlennH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glenn
Good news. I never bought the original.
But now I'm a little worried this will follow THE MASK OF ZORRO:SE model, with a pan-n-scan version on the second disc. I don't call that a Special Edition.
They should devote Disc 1 to picture and sound of the movie itself (almost like Superbits, but maybe add a commentary if they want). Then Disc 2 should have all the other extras. That would be a worthy Special Edition.
There's nothing "special" about pan-n-scan (or open-matte).

richard plumb

Stunt Coordinator
what aspect ratio was this movie?
I have the Japanese DVD and its anamorphic 16x9 (so that could be either 1.78:1 pan/scan, or 1.85:1 with overscan).
Groundhog Day is one of my favourite movies, so if the new version is much improved, I might re-buy.

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
Of course I just picked up the current version! Doh!!!
------------------
My top ten movies that need to be on dvd:
1. Akira Kurosawa's Dreams 2. Freaks 3. Men With Guns 4. The Ninth Configuration 5. The Reflecting Skin 6. Santa Sangre 7. Treasure of the Sierra Madre 8. Voyager 9. White Heat 10. Wings of Desire

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
If you go back to DVDshrine, they have one screen shot of the ANIMATED main menu
------------------
[Edited last by JohnS on October 23, 2001 at 05:04 PM]

Han

Second Unit
Over at DVD shrine, they announce a Jan 29th release date for Groundhog Day Spec Ed.

Sam E. Torres

Second Unit
But now I'm a little worried this will follow THE MASK OF ZORRO:SE model, with a pan-n-scan version on the second disc. I don't call that a Special Edition.
hey, zorro had additional features on that first disc, yes, it could have just been that disc, but it was still special to me. just because it has a completely useless disc doesn't mean that it doesn't have all the stuff we want on the first disc. i'm looking forward to it simply for any special features and better menus...bing! :)
------------------
signature.jpg

[email protected]

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks