CTHV Press Release: "Read My Lips"

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Ronald Epstein, May 13, 2003.

1. Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein Administrator
    Owner

Ronald Epstein
    "Two Thumbs Up!" *- Richard Roeper, *Ebert & Roeper

Award-Winning Hitchcockian Crime Thriller Featuring
    Cesar Award Best Actress Winner Emmanuelle Devos
    From Acclaimed Director Jacques Audiard

READ MY LIPS
    Premiering on DVD & Videocassette July 22

* * * * Culver City, CA (May 12, 2003) - She teaches him good manners. *He teaches her
    bad ones. *Sexy French actors Emmanuelle Devos (My Sex Life) and Vincent Cassel
    (Brotherhood of the Wolf) star in READ MY LIPS, the award-winning film noir thriller that
    critics are raving about, coming to DVD and videocassette July 22 from Columbia TriStar
    Home Entertainment. *

Winner of three Cesar Awards including Best Actress and Best Original Writing,
    READ MY LIPS was also an Official Selection at the Toronto International Film Festival,
    Berlin International Film Festival, San Francisco International Film Festival and Opening
    Night at Rendezvous with New French Cinema at the Lincoln Center. *READ MY LIPS was
    also proclaimed by critics as "A brilliant Hitchcockian thriller" (The New York Times) and
    "An expert, refreshing complex thriller" (Entertainment Weekly) that "Keeps viewers on the
    edge until the final shot" (People).

Young secretary Carla (Devos) is a long-time employee of a property development
    company. *Loyal and hardworking, first to arrive and last to leave, Carla is beginning to chafe
    at the limitations of her career and is looking to move up. *But as a 35-year-old woman with a
    hearing deficiency, she is not sure how to climb out of her humdrum life, though she is
    confident in her own abilities. *Into her life comes Paul Angeli (Cassel), a new trainee she
    decides to hire. *Paul is 25 years old and completely unskilled, but Carla covers for him when
    the need arises because of his other qualities - he's a thief, fresh out of jail and very good
    looking. *It's a case of good meeting bad in this tense crime thriller from director Jacques
    Audiard.

DVD SPECIAL FEATURES INCLUDE:
    * * * * Digitally Mastered Audio & Anamorphic Video
    * * * * Widescreen Presentation
    * * * * Audio: *French 5.1
    * * * * Subtitles: English
    * * * * Theatrical Trailers
    * * * * Interactive Menus
    * * * * Scene Selections

Rated R
    Color
    Close Captioned
    Running Time: 119 Minutes
    DVD Cat # 01200 / UPC Code: #0-43396-01200-4
    VHS Cat # 01198 / UPC Code: #0-43396-01198-4
    DVD Order Date: 06/19/03
    VHS Order Date: 07/01/03
    DVD SLP: $29.95; VHS rental

2. Michael Reuben

Michael Reuben Studio Mogul

No reaction to this announcement? This is a great thriller, and Emmanuelle Devos is amazing in it. Given Columbia's erratic treatment of foreign-language releases, I'll probably wait for reviews before picking up a copy, but I'm crossing my fingers for a solid transfer.

M.

3. Brook K

Brook K Lead Actor

I thought it was very good as well and would be interested in owning it, but not at a 29.95 pricepoint for a featureless disc.