CTHV Press Release: "Raising Victor Vargas"

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Ronald Epstein, Jun 25, 2003.

1. Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein Administrator

Jul 3, 1997
    Ronald Epstein
    "Hot heartfelt movie magic!" *- Peter Travers, Rolling Stone

"Victor Victorious! A rare film about teens that gets them right."- Leah Rozen, People

Critically-Acclaimed and Award-Winning
    Coming-of-Age Drama From Director Peter Sollett

Official Selection at Sundance Film Festival,
    Cannes Film Festival, Toronto Film Festival & More
    Debuting on DVD & Videocassette August 26

* * * * Culver City, CA (June 23, 2003) - Praised by critics as "one of the best movies of
    the year" (Roger Ebert, Ebert & Roeper), "touching and energetically funny" (The New York
    Times) and "enchanting" (Wall Street Journal), RAISING VICTOR VARGAS is the tender,
    vivid and honest coming-of-age drama that was honored at many film festivals including the
    Deauville Film Festival and San Sebastian Film Festival. *The stunningly created and
    audience favorite film will premiere on DVD and videocassette August 26 from Columbia
    TriStar Home Entertainment.

Victor (Rock Steady) doesn't have much, but that's not stopping him from trying to
    go out with Judy (Five Feet High and Rising), the prettiest girl on the block. *All he's got is hope and a one-
    bedroom apartment he shares with his family. *His grandmother doesn't trust him. *His brother
    worships him. *And his half-sister just declared war. *But Victor thinks love really can conquer
    all in this warm, genuine and touching romantic drama about life in the part of the city most
    people never see. *

The feature film debut of writer/director Peter Sollett that was developed through the
    Sundance Screenwriters Lab (a prestigious program which offers emerging artists the
    opportunity to work on their features with established screenwriters), RAISING VICTOR
    VARGAS is a stunning piece of filmmaking that carefully explores the true-to-life stumbling
    blocks of growing up, capturing adolescence at its most tender, funny and genuine.

* * * * Digitally Mastered Audio & Anamorphic Video
    * * * * Widescreen Presentation
    * * * * Audio: *English (Dolby Surround)
    * * * * Subtitles: English, Spanish
    * * * * Theatrical Trailers
    * * * * Interactive Menus
    * * * * Scene Selections

Rated R
    Close Captioned
    Running Time: 88 Minutes
    DVD Cat # 01747 / UPC Code: #0-43396-01747-4
    VHS Cat # 01745 / UPC Code: #0-43396-01745-0
    VHS Spanish Subtitles Cat # 01746 / UPC Code: #0-43396-01746-7
    DVD Order Date: 07/24/03
    VHS Order Date: 08/05/03
    DVD SLP: $24.95 (No MAP); VHS rental
  2. StacyV

StacyV Second Unit

Oct 13, 2003
    [​IMG] Surprised by the lack of interest in this movie, this was definitely one of my faves from last year. Nearly a year after the original release, DVDAnswers is reporting a new special edition dvd to be released August 24. No specs announced yet, but I'd assume they'll include the short that inspired the feature, "Five Feet High and Rising". With the right bonus features, I won't mind double dipping with this one. I love the movie even though the original dvd was sorely lacking in bonus stuff. I'd like to suggest you guys check this one out, it's a good little film.