CTHV Press Release: "Enough" and "Enigma" Special Editions

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Ronald Epstein, Jul 8, 2003.

1. Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein Founder
    Owner

Ronald Epstein
    Two Thrillers From Acclaimed Director Michael Apted
    Feature Jennifer Lopez Kate Winslet

ENOUGH & ENIGMA SPECIAL EDITION
    Premiere on September 16
    With Never-Before-Seen Exciting Bonus Features

* * * * Culver City, CA (July 7, 2003) - Two dramatic thrillers featuring empowering
    female lead characters from acclaimed director Michael Apted (The World Is Not Enough).
    ENOUGH starring Jennifer Lopez (The Wedding Planner, Maid in Manhattan) and ENIGMA
    with Academy Award® nominee Kate Winslet (Titanic, The Life of David Gale), - will debut
    September 16 on Special Edition DVDs loaded with all-new added bonus features from
    Columbia TriStar Home Entertainment.

* * * * ENOUGH Box office super star and music sensation Jennifer Lopez delivers an
    electrifying performance as a new breed of hero in the harrowing, high style thriller hit
    ENOUGH. *Working class waitress Slim (Lopez) thought she was entering a life of domestic
    bliss when she married Mitch (Billy Campbell, TV's "Once and Again," The Rocketeer), the
    man of her dreams. *After the arrival of their first child, her picture perfect life is shattered
    when she discovers Mitch's hidden possessive dark side, a controlling and abusive alter ego
    that can turn trust, love and tranquility into terror. *Fearing for her child's safety, Slim flees
    with her daughter. *Despite Slim's efforts to make a new life, Mitch becomes relentless in his
    pursuit. *Finally Slim is forced to fight back, engaging Mitch in a physical and psychological
    battle, showing him that she's had ENOUGH!

* * * * Co-starring Juliette Lewis (Natural Born Killers,) and Noah Wyle (TVs "E.R."),
    ENOUGH is a "jarring thriller - Lopez holds the screen in a star performance," raves Stephen
    Holden, The New York Times.

ENOUGH SPECIAL EDITION DVD BONUS FEATURES INCLUDE:
    * * * * Digitally Mastered Audio & Anamorphic Video
    * * * * Widescreen Presentation
    * * * * Filmographies
    * * * * Director and Writer Commentary
    * * * * Producer's Commentary
    * * * * Deleted Scenes with Optional Commentary
    * * * * Featurettes
    * * * * Music Video: "Alive" Jennifer Lopez
    * * * * Audio: *English 5.1 (Dolby Digital), French (Dolby Surround), Spanish 5.1 (Dolby
    * * * * Digital)
    * * * * Subtitles: English, French, Spanish
    * * * * Theatrical Trailers
    * * * * Animated Menus
    * * * * Scene Selections

ENIGMA
    * * * * ENIGMA is the an exciting tale of love, espionage, patriotism and betrayal set during
    World War II from Academy Award® winning screenwriter Tom Stoppard (Shakespeare in
    Love) and producer Mick Jagger. *Featuring a compelling ensemble cast, ENIGMA is "a
    brilliant film" (Roger Ebert) and "an intelligent, involving and intricately plotted thriller"
    (Daily Variety) that was nominated for three British Independent Film Awards.

* * * * In March 1943, the best minds in England have gathered to face their worst nightmare
    - the Nazis have changed the code key for the infamous Enigma machine. *Since they're
    unable to monitor the Nazi U-boat's communication, the clock is ticking for an allied convoy
    crossing the Atlantic with 10,000 passengers and vital supplies. *Allied command looks for
    help from Tom Jericho (Dougray Scott - Mission: Impossible II, Ever After), a brilliant
    mathematician and code-breaker. *Unknown to his colleagues, Jericho has another equally
    baffling enigma of his own to unravel - the sudden disappearance of his lover Claire (Saffron
    Burrows - Timecode, Deep Blue Sea). *To get to the bottom of both mysteries, Jericho enlists
    the help of Hester (Kate Winslet), Claire's roommate and co-worker. *Together they keep one
    step ahead of ruthless secret services agent Wigram (Jeremy Northam - Gosford Park, The
    Net) to reach a conclusion that uncovers both international and personal betrayals.

ENIGMA SPECIAL EDITION DVD BONUS FEATURES INCLUDE:
    * * * * Digitally Mastered Audio & Anamorphic Video
    * * * * Widescreen Presentation
    * * * * Filmographies
    * * * * Director's Commentary
    * * * * Deleted Scenes
    * * * * Featurettes
    * * * * DVD-Rom Link
    * * * * Audio: *English 5.1 (Dolby Digital)
    * * * * Subtitles: English, French, Spanish
    * * * * Theatrical Trailers
    * * * * Animated Menus
    * * * * Scene Selections

ENOUGH * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *ENIGMA
    Rated PG-13 * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *Rated R
    Color / Closed Captioned * * * * * * * *Color / Closed Captioned * * * * * * * * * * * *
    Running Time: 115 Minutes * * * * * * * *Running Time: 119 Minutes
    DVD Cat # 00751 * * * * * * * * * * * *DVD Cat # 00749
    UPC Code: #0-43396-00751-2 * * * *UPC Code: #0-43396-00749-9
    Order Date: 08/14/03 * * * * * * * * * * * *Order Date: 08/14/03
    SLP: $27.95 * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *SLP: $27.95 * * * *

2. John J Nelson

John J Nelson Stunt Coordinator

Here's hoping Enigma has a new transfer to replace the previous abomination [​IMG] , and also retails the 2.35:1 AR (all international versions of the DVD were cropped to 16:9 for some reason)

-- J.

3. PhilipG

PhilipG Cinematographer

Well said. I hope CTHV is paying attention. I'm going to wait for the reviews for Enigma SE; with a decent PQ and proper AR it's a must buy. Otherwise I'll wait for Superbit or whatever other silly-named version CTHV decide to release after 3 months.

4. RoyGBiv

RoyGBiv Stunt Coordinator

I am not sure that Enigma was really all that great, so I will not go looking for the new SE version. But, I would agree that something needs to be done to the DVD. It is probably the worst DVD I have ever seen in terms of PQ.

SMK

5. Alistair_M

Alistair_M Second Unit

I think it is a new transfer - on the back of the dvd it says in BIG letters - 'remastered in high definition'

http://www.davisdvd.com/images/backs/enigma.jpg

I expect they did a new transfer in readiness of HD-DVD and downconverted it for DVD.

Can't wait for this one - one of the biggest Brit movies of the last couple of years. A top movie in my opinion with a pleasing John Barry score too!

6. Mitch Stevens

Mitch Stevens Supporting Actor

Does anyone know if "Enough" is going to have a new transfer as well? It know it's getting a ton of goodies that weren't on the first release, but what about the Trasnfer? Oooh, I wonder if it'll have DTS.