CTHV - Metropolis Pocket DVD (3 inch)

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Larry Gardner, Jan 24, 2002.

1. Larry Gardner

Larry Gardner Stunt Coordinator

Columbia/TriStar will be placing extras for the Metropolis DVD on a Pocket DVD - 3 inch DVD.
    See complete story: www.videobusiness.com

2. Iain Lambert

Iain Lambert Screenwriter

I really can't make my mind up on these things. I suppose its slightly cooler than leaving a single layer 12cm disc half full to have a funky looking dual layer 8cm disc, but I see the real advantage of 8cm discs as portability. Do you ever see carrying around a bulky disc of extras to be a problem in your life?

3. Jesse Skeen

Jesse Skeen Producer

Warner has a series of 3-inch DVDs out called "Tune Buddies" which are different 20-minute shows teaching kids about musical instruments. I bought one of them just for the novelty; like regular-size Warner discs this appears to have the DVD also stamped on the label side and printed over (still trying to figure out why they do that!)

I also got a free promo 3-inch disc at Borders with 2 music videos on it. I think these are pretty cool, I liked the 3-inch CD singles that were out a while but they quit making those pretty fast (I have several 5-inch singles with less than 20 minutes on them; there's lots of promo singles with only ONE song on them that still use a full-size disc!) I recently got some blank 3-inch CDRs which I've put some of my 12-inch singles onto!

4. ChristopherM

ChristopherM Stunt Coordinator

On Monday I received a mini-DVD free with my subscriber copy of French magazine "Les Annees Lasers". It contains clips, trailers etc for the movie "Le Raid".

The magazine claims that it's a world-first, as it predates the Metroplolis extras disc. Looking at Jesse's post, though, I guess they're wrong.

5. Chris Beveridge

Chris Beveridge Second Unit

I've got a small stack of those 3" buggers. Some anime studios have been sending them out with their monthly promotional materials and contain trailers and whatnot for what they're soliciting.

I think it was back in February that Media Blasters let loose with a promotional 3" that had the first episode of one of their upcoming series.

They're neat little discs for what they're intened, but dagnabit, they're easy to lose!