What's new

CTHE TV Poll results (1 Viewer)

Michael St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
Did the live-action Tick have any unaired eps?

Regardless, I will buy both The Tick and Newsradio on street date to show my strong support for future quality TV releases. Way to go CTHE!

Paul_Stachniak

Screenwriter
NewsRadio fans also tend to be more of the rabid fanboy/girl type who will boycott all CTHE product if things don't go their way.
Damn straight.

However, as excited as I am. I can't help think that if the first season of NewsRadio wont sell, they'll pull a Larry Sanders on me. Then I'll be stuck, with only the first season.

I'm assuming this Poll was a method of finding which titles would sell better then most... but I want the rest of Larry Sanders dammit.

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
DVDFile's update today doesn't look promising for NewsRadio.
Just in from Columbia TriStar Home Entertainment is the announcement of the next five new TV titles to get the DVD treatment, as picked by visitors to the Sony Pictures "DVD TV Poll" website (visit http://www.sonypictures.com/cthe/tv/tvondvd.html for more info). Coming up this year are complete first season sets of the classics Soap and Dilbert, plus Tick: The Complete Series, The Best of Ripley's Believe it or Not, and collections of Designing Women, Forever Knight and NewsRadio. Watch for full specs, street dates and pricing to be revealed soon.
I hope by "collection of NewsRadio," they mean seasons 1 and 2 together since season 1 was just 7 episodes long. I hope they don't mean "best-of" collection. Thoughts?

LukeB

Senior HTF Member
I sure HOPE they mean a Collection of the First Two Seasons. Like a Volume 1. Why would they give full season sets to that other stuff, and not NewsRadio?! Hope they don't pull another "Married...With Children."

Scott D S

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Scott Saslow
I hope by "collection of NewsRadio," they mean seasons 1 and 2 together since season 1 was just 7 episodes long. I hope they don't mean "best-of" collection. Thoughts?
I clicked on the link and the CTHE website doesn't specify collections or season sets. All it says is that it's coming later this year. (Fingers crossed)

ChrisV

Second Unit
Right on. The Tick and Newsradio were the only ones on the list I was interested in. Apparently others were interested in them too. :emoji_thumbsup:

Paul_Stachniak

Screenwriter
They better not pull any of this Best of Crap on NewsRadio, because that wont sell at all. Are they trying to doom this release on purpose!?!

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Okay...here's my thought: Don't read anything into it!

Chances are that my good friend Peter Bracke (okay, we're not "friends", but we are friendly with each other) doesn't have any more info than the rest of us on this.

He was writing up a news item, and he knew (as the rest of us do) that some of these are season sets, one is a complete series, one is a best-of, and the rest he doesn't know. So he probably chose "collection" as a general term to round out the rest.

Now, in fact, Designing Women is definately a Season 1 release, and Dilbert is the one that hasn't been stated one way or the other. So Peter probably got these two "D" titles mixed up.

If I were to speculate on Newsradio, I'd think they would put out a 1-disc "Season 1" release and do S2 separately later on. That fit's Columbia's pattern the best. But who knows for sure? I certainly don't - at this juncture, anyway!

For now, just cut Peter some slack for his choice of wording, and give Columbia time to get their plans together and announce what it is we WILL be getting on each of these. I expect we'll know more within a quarter, give or take. Patience, grasshopper!

(Crap, I shouldn't have said THAT...now someone's gonna ask about "Kung Fu"! Which I know nothing about; if I held back info on THAT title my wife would kill me!!!)

LukeB

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for the info, David. Really don't want them to screw up one of the few TV series I want to buy.

Chuck West

Stunt Coordinator
Hope they don't pull another "Married...With Children
Columbia probably said, "Look at all of the impatient suckers we got to buy MWC. History will repeat itself". I hope they don't feel this way, but I wouldn't put it past them.
Anyway, I'm not interested in anything mentioned above, but I hope Columbia announces more shows in the future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gyao