CTHE Press Release: The King Of Queens: 2nd Season

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Ronald Epstein, Feb 26, 2004.

1. Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein Administrator

Jul 3, 1997
    Ronald Epstein
    The Laughs Return with Top-Rated CBS Working-Class Sitcom
    Starring Kevin James, Leah Remini and Jerry Stiller

Special Three-Disc Set Featuring 25 Hilarious Episodes
    Premieres April 20 on DVD

Culver City, CA (February 9, 2004) - The King is back! Funnier. Feistier. And more
    lovable than ever with the debut of THE KING OF QUEENS: 2nd SEASON three-disc DVD set,
    featuring all 25 hilarious episodes from the hit CBS sitcom's sophomore season, available April
    20 from Columbia TriStar Home Entertainment. Currently in its sixth top-rated season on CBS
    with an average of 13 million viewers and airing in syndication to over 200 stations nationwide,
    THE KING OF QUEENS has never been funnier or more popular. Priced to own at $39.95 SLP,
    THE KING OF QUEENS: 2nd Season DVD release delivers king-sized comedy with a laugh-out-
    loud blooper reel featuring outtakes from the show plus an audio commentary from star Kevin

A down-to-earth domestic comedy set in the working-class suburb of Queens, New York,
    Doug Heffernan (stand-up comic Kevin James) returns as the amiable parcel delivery guy with
    the whole package in THE KING OF QUEENS. Along with his sassy wife Carrie (Leah Remini)
    and his tenacious father-in-law Arthur (Jerry Stiller), Doug turns blue-collar humor into red-hot
    laughs. When he's not punching the clock, he's working overtime to be around everything he
    loves the most - his wife, his buddies and his big screen TV. No matter where trouble finds him,
    Doug faces it with a smile in his heart, and a pastrami sub on his plate. In the hit comedy's
    second season, one thing is certain ... THE KING OF QUEENS still rules the airwaves!

Reminiscent of "The Honeymooners," THE KING OF QUEENS hit its stride in the
    second season, focusing on humor found in everyday life and those small daily problems which
    provide some of the funniest moments. THE KING OF QUEENS: 2nd SEASON features several
    return guest appearances including Donny Osmond and Bryan Cranston ("Malcolm in the
    Middle"), plus Ray Romano and Patricia Heaton from "Everybody Loves Raymond" also make a
    special neighborly visit.

Audio Commentary with Kevin James and Michael Weithorn on Select Episodes
    Kevin James: A Day in the Life of an International Superstar Featurette
    Digitally Mastered Audio & Video
    Remastered in High Definition
    Full Screen Presentations
    Audio: English (Dolby Surround)
    Scene Selections
    Bonus Previews

Not Rated
    Close Captioned
    Running Time: 557 Minutes
    Catalog #02621 / UPC Code: 0-43396-02621-6
    Order Date: 3/18/04
    DVD SLP: $39.95
  2. Casey Trowbridg

Casey Trowbridg Lead Actor

Apr 22, 2003
    Ron thanks for posting this, I will of course be picking this up when it comes out. I had never seen the show before season 1 came out, I bought it because I was board and wanted to watch something...and it was really enjoyable so I'm very much looking forward to this.