CTHE Press Release: "Mambo Italiano"

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Ronald Epstein, Dec 10, 2003.

1. Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein Administrator
    Owner

Ronald Epstein
    "One of the funniest films of the year!" *- Mike Szymanski, Tribune Media

"A spicy comedy with plenty of sauce." - Susan Wloszczyna, USA Today

"One of the year's best little movies *- because it has a very big heart!"
    *- Clay Smith, Access Hollywood

Hysterically Funny Romantic Comedy Based on the Successful Stage Play
    Starring Paul Sorvino and Luke Kirby

MAMBO ITALIANO
    "Coming Out" on DVD and Videocassette February 17

* * * * Culver City, CA (December 8, 2003) - In the comic flavor of My Big Fat Greek
    Wedding meets The Broken Hearts Club, MAMBO ITALIANO is the hilarious, light-hearted
    romantic comedy with a twist about love, family, culture clash and spaghetti starring Paul
    Sorvino (The Cooler, Goodfellas) and Luke Kirby (Shattered Glass, Halloween: Resurrection),
    premiering February 17 on DVD and videocassette from Columbia TriStar Home Entertainment.

Maria (Ginette Reno) and Gino's (Sorvino) close-knit immigrant Italian world is
    shattered when their son Angelo (Kirby) decides to get a place of his own without getting
    married. *They are relieved when Angelo's childhood buddy Nino (Peter Miller) decides to move
    in with their son. *However, their relief is short-lived when they find out that Nino and Angelo
    are more than just roommates - they're lovers! *But image-conscious cop Nino isn't as ready to
    come out of the closet though, especially to his busybody mother Lina (Mary Walsh). *All
    hysteria breaks loose (Italian-style, of course!) as the two modern men try to come to terms with
    their "old country" family traditions and pride.

Written and directed by Émile Gaudreault (Wedding Night), based on the long-running
    stage play by Steve Galluccio, MAMBO ITALIANO proves that when it comes to matters of the
    heart, its not a democracy, its family!

DVD SPECIAL FEATURES INCLUDE:
    * * * * Digitally Mastered Audio & Anamorphic Video
    * * * * Mastered in High Definition
    * * * * Widescreen Presentation
    * * * * Audio: *English (Dolby Digital 5.1)
    * * * * Subtitles: English
    * * * * Bonus Trailers
    * * * * Scene Selections

Rated R
    Color
    Closed Captioned
    Running Time: *88 Minutes
    DVD Catalog # 02793 / UPC Code: 0-43396-02793-0
    VHS Catalog # 02792 / UPC Code: 0-43396-02792-3
    DVD Order Date: 1/15/03
    VHS Order Date: 1/27/03
    SLP: $26.96 DVD; VHS rental

2. DaViD Boulet

DaViD Boulet Lead Actor

Awesome.

I saw this a few months ago. HILARIOUS. Basically a gay version of my big fat greek wedding. This film can easily be enjoyed by folks of all races, creeds, and sexual orientations...

The 35mm print I screened was gorgeous...one of those experiences that reminds you just what makes "film" such an incredible medium and sets the standard that digital formats (DVD/HD) and home-HT-equipment have to catch up to. Colors were rich, vibrant, saturated, and wildly varied. The color turquoise was one of the "theme" colors that kept showing up on the screen and it's one of the harder colors for DVD/HT video gear to get right. I hope Columbia does a decent job...the film print was *loaded* with image detail that could make for an awesome DVD if mastered with care.

-dave [​IMG]

3. Tom Tsai

Tom Tsai Supporting Actor

I just checked DVDsoon and there seems to be two versions of this film coming out. A DVD only version and a DVD+CD version.

4. Stephen_J_H

Stephen_J_H All Things Film Junkie
    Supporter

Stephen J. Hill
    My guess is the DVD+CD version will be the Canadian version frome Equinoxe Films, who coincidentally distributed My Big Fat Greek Wedding in Canada. I just hope the DVD looks better than the print I had to run @ work. It looked great... once you got it in focus. Stupid thing was always out of focus because whoever made the print printed it on a different focus plane than the major studis use.

5. John KB

John KB Second Unit

The Canadian release has a 12 minute "manking of" featurette, a 3 minute blooper reel, 3 deleted scenes and an extended scene, if anyone is interested.

6. DaViD Boulet

DaViD Boulet Lead Actor

Are those extras not on the R1 US version?

7. John KB

John KB Second Unit

Not as far as I know David. According to dvdfile.com, there are just some trailers, and not even one for Mambo.

8. CraigL

CraigL Screenwriter

Yes, the canadian version has exclusive extras. And the soundtrack has never been released. I have it en route from DVDsoon.com.