CTHE Press Release: Just Shoot Me!

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Ronald Epstein, Apr 21, 2004.

1. Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein Administrator
    Owner

Ronald Epstein
    Six-Time Emmy Award Nominated Comedy Series
    Starring David Spade, George Segal, Wendie Malick and Laura San Giacomo

JUST SHOOT ME!
    The First & Second Seasons

Available June 8 on Special Four-Disc Collector's DVD Set

* * * * Culver City, CA (March 29, 2004) - Fashion, mayhem and non-stop laughs are in focus
    at the New York offices of Blush Magazine - the central location for one of television's wackiest
    cast of eccentric characters on Just Shoot Me. *The acclaimed ensemble comedy series features
    an irreverent cast including Golden Globe nominee David Spade (Tommy Boy, Joe Dirt), Laura
    San Giacomo (sex, lies & videotape, Pretty Woman), two-time Emmy Award nominee Wendie
    Malick (The American President) and George Segal (Look Who's Talking). *Available June 8 for
    the first time ever on DVD from Columbia TriStar Home Entertainment, JUST SHOOT ME:
    THE FIRST & SECOND SEASONS features the complete collection of 31 episodes on a
    collectible four-disc DVD set, priced to own at $39.94 SLP.

* * * * Hot-tempered journalist Maya Gallo (San Giacomo) got herself fired from yet another job
    when she made an anchorwoman cry on the air with some gag copy on the teleprompter. Unable
    to find a job anywhere else and facing eviction, she is forced to work for her rich father Jack's
    (Segal) fashion magazine Blush. *The problem is that Jack has not exactly been a devoted and
    nurturing parent, plus he is now married to one of her former classmates. *Personality conflicts
    quickly ensue with the magazine's colorful staff *- libido-driven ex-model Nina van Horn
    (Malick), philandering photographer Elliot (Enrico Colantoni), and obnoxious, power-hungry
    secretary Dennis Finch (Spade).

* * * * Created by acclaimed writer/producer Steven Levitan ("The Larry Sanders Show,"
    "Wings") and executive produced by TV veterans Bernie Brillstein and Brad Grey
    ("NewsRadio"), Just Shoot Me ran for seven top-rated seasons on NBC. *The series was
    nominated for seven Golden Globe Awards including Best Comedy TV Series, six Emmy Award
    nominations and garnered an American Comedy Award for Spade's hilarious performance. *

JUST SHOOT ME: THE FIRST & SECOND SEASONS feature several special guest
    cameo appearances including Jay Leno, Dana Carvey, Carmen Electra, Megan Mullally ("Will
    and Grace") and Cheri Oteri ("Saturday Night Live").

#1 *Back Issues
    A writer in need of a job reluctantly agrees to work for her father's women's magazine.

#2 *The Devil and Maya Gallo
    Maya starts her new job with the best of intentions, only to be distracted by the magazine's
    lavish benefits.

#3 *Lemon Wacky Hello
    Maya and the staff are forced to assemble the magazine while under the influence of a powerful
    hallucinogenic drug.

#4 *Nina's Birthday
    Maya agrees to throw a party for Nina's birthday; Finch bets that Elliott cannot get a date
    without relying on his job.

#5 *Secretary's Day
    Finch refuses to be recognized on Secretary's Day; Nina ponders plastic surgery.

#6 *In Your Dreams
    A session to get a new photo ID inspires Maya's erotic dreams about Elliott.

#7 *Sweet Charity
    Maya's tireless efforts for charity are overshadowed by her father's large cash donation.

#8 *The Experiment
    Maya's experiment has unexpected consequences as Jack sets out to assemble a toy for his baby
    and Nina relishes her role in a practical joke on Finch.

#9 *The Assistant
    While Maya finds it hard to fire an incompetent new assistant, Elliott and Finch conspire to
    embarrass Nina during a radio debate.

#10 *Old Boyfriends
    Maya and Jack square off over the advanced age of her new boyfriend; Nina's flirtatious
    behavior
    has unintended consequences for a handsome window washer.

#11 *La Cage
    Finch ignores all warnings and gets involved with Elliott's old girlfriend.

#12 *King Lear Jet
    A request to get her father to stop his favoritism backfires and costs Maya a trip to London.

#13 *My Dinner with Woody
    Maya's article about Woody Allen catches the eye of an impostor.
    STARRING (IN ALPHABETICAL ORDER) ENRICO COLANTONI * WENDIE MALICK *
    LAURA SAN GIACOMO * GEORGE SEGAL *

#14 *Twice Burned
    Jack must prove himself worthy in order to get his young daughter admitted to a prestigious
    private school.

#15 *Jesus, It's Christmas
    Maya's efforts to do something nice for a janitor backfire.

#16 *Elliot the Geek
    Elliott vows to use a high school teacher's funeral to prove something to his old classmates.

#17 *Sewer
    Maya tries proving herself to a successful college roommate; Jack's birthday sets Finch and Nina
    to fighting over who can find the best present.

#18 *Pass the Salt
    Finch must convince his dad that he isn't gay.

#19 *In the Company of Maya
    Maya is sued for sexual harassment; Elliot's new girlfriend stars in an embarrassing television
    commercial.

#20 *The Walk
    Maya and her co-workers are puzzled by Jack's sudden bad mood.

#21 *College or Collagen
    A college student Maya is mentoring decides to become a model; Jack and Finch secretly team
    up as bridge partners.

#22 *Nina in the Cantina
    Maya interviews a rock star with whom Nina claims to have had an affair.

#23 *Amblush
    Maya is forced to defend the magazine during an interview with some feminist college co-eds.

#24 *Nina's Bikini
    Nina agrees to have an old bikini enshrined in a local restaurant.

#25 *The Kiss
    Maya pretends to be Elliott's wife in order to help him get a new apartment.

#26 *Jack's Old Partner
    A bad case of writer's block forces Jack to look up a partner he dumped thirty years ago; Nina
    seeks Elliott's help with a tax auditor.

#27 *Bravefinch
    Finch is threatened by Jack's new assistant.

#28 *Eve of Destruction
    Jack's ex-wife returns to claim a painting she won in their divorce twenty-five years ago.

#29 *The Emperor
    Maya gets the magazine in trouble with her honest appraisal of a famous fashion designer's new
    work.

#30 *War and Sleaze
    Maya is roped into a blind date by Nina, only to discover that it's with a philandering
    congressman.

#31 *Rescue Me
    Maya and her colleagues recall the circumstances which led to their being hired by Jack.

DVD SPECIAL FEATURES INCLUDE:
    * * * * Creator and Producer Commentaries on Selected Episodes
    * * * * Exclusive Featurette with Cast and Creator: Always in Fashion
    * * * * Cast & Crew Featurette
    * * * * Photo Gallery
    * * * * Digitally Mastered Audio & Video
    * * * * Fullscreen Presentations
    * * * * Audio: *English (Stereo)
    * * * * Subtitles: *English
    * * * * Bonus Previews
    * * * * Episode Selections

Not Rated
    Color
    Closed Captioned
    Running Time: 689 Minutes
    DVD Catalog # 03997
    UPC Code: 0-43396-03997-1
    Order Date: 05/06/04
    SLP: $39.94 DVD

2. Maurice Verploegen

Maurice Verploegen Stunt Coordinator

Awesome info. Been waiting for a long time for this show to hit the retailer shelves.

Thanks for the info.

3. Eugene Esterly

Eugene Esterly Supporting Actor

Thanks for the info. My grandfather likes Just Shoot Me so this would be a good buy for him. I used to be a fan of this show several years ago but right now it's iffy if I will buy this show on DVD.