CTHE Press Release: "Jury Duty"

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Ronald Epstein, Oct 27, 2003.

1. Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein Administrator

Jul 3, 1997
    Ronald Epstein
    Columbia TriStar Home Entertainment

Funnyman Pauly Shore Takes on the Courts
    in The Uproarious Judicial Comedy
    Co-Starring Stanley Tucci and Sexy Tia Carrere

New to DVD on December 9

* * * * Culver City, CA (September 29, 2003) - For truth, for justice, for five bucks a day. *
    Stand-up comic Pauly Shore (Encino Man, Son in Law) turns the legal system upside down in
    a riotous comedy of disorder in the court as a freeloader who gets appointed to a sensational
    murder trial in JURY DUTY, debuting on DVD December 9 from Columbia TriStar Home

* * * * Shore stars as Tommy Collins, a jobless slacker who is supported by his clueless
    mother (Academy Award®-winner Shelley Winters - The Poseidon Adventure). *In desperate
    need of shelter and money, he comes up with a novel solution to his problem: become a juror,
    with its $5.00 a day salary and the possibility of getting sequestered in a plush hotel. *
    Unfortunately, Tommy is assigned to an open-and-shut case with the high-profile murder trial
    for the "Drive-Thru Killer" and will now have to rely on his wits to keep the deliberations
    going as long as possible. *Pulling obnoxious pranks with the fellow jurors, making unwanted
    advances on a beautiful jury member (Tia Carrere - True Lies, TVs "Relic Hunter") and
    sneaking into the judge's sidebar conferences, Tommy will stop at nothing to prolong his
    freeloading experience - that is unless his wacky antics get him thrown out of court!
    Also co-starring Stanley Tucci (Maid in Manhattan) and Abe Vigoda (The Godfather),
    JURY DUTY is a hilarious spoof of the U.S judicial system as the wheels of justice spin out of

* * * * Digitally Mastered Audio & Video
    * * * * Remastered in High Definition
    * * * * Full Screen Presentation
    * * * * Audio: *English (Dolby Surround)
    * * * * Subtitles: English, French
    * * * * Bonus Trailers
    * * * * Scene Selections

Rated PG-13
    Closed Captioned
    Running Time: 88 Minutes
    DVD Catalog # 10368
    UPC Code: #0-43396-10368-9
    Order Date: 11/06/03
    DVD SLP: $19.95
  2. LukeB

LukeB Cinematographer

Apr 26, 2000
    My verdict is: No Widescreen...No Purchase.

Okay, I probably wouldn't have bought it anyway...but when I saw it in theaters, it was widescreen. Yes, I actually did see a Pauly Shore movie in theaters!
  3. Kyle McKnight

Kyle McKnight Cinematographer

Mar 8, 2001
    Remastered in High-Def but released in MAR...Isn't this forum pro-OAR?
  4. Mark Pytel

Mark Pytel Second Unit

Jun 20, 2003
    Mark Pytel
    Sadly, I was looking forward to this release, as this was one of Pauly Shore's better roles. I am really getting frustrated lately with the poor dvd releases by Disney, Columbia, and Universal. It is amazing that in a way dvd has gotten worse. In the beginning, most films had no extras, but they offered both formats. Now, the dvds have many extras but lately come in the horrid Fullscreen only. Catalog releases seem to be getting the shaft. Only true fans of the movie will buy a catalog release with no extras, so why would they cater to the masses who want fullscreen. The masses hate Pauly Shore. At least Biodome got a 16:9 widescreen release. I see no reason why I should downgrade from my widescreen laserdisc.
    Is there any way that we can start a poll, or something to get Columbia's attention for this? It is amazing that they release the old stooge movies in WS ,but not this recent movie.
    On the same topic, I would like to add my complaint for the future Fullscreen only releases of Land Before Time, An American Tail, and An American Tail Feivel Goes West. Universal released their Babe movies in WS, so why not these?
    Please, help me in my quest to get these movies released properly. Show me where I can start something for this!