CTHE Press Release: "In Hell"

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Ronald Epstein, Oct 27, 2003.

1. Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein Administrator

Jul 3, 1997
    Ronald Epstein
    International Martial Arts Superstar Jean-Claude Van Damme
    Fights for Survival in the Holds-No-Punches Thriller
    Directed By Renowned Hong Kong Action Filmmaker Ringo Lam

Premiering on DVD and Videocassette November 25
    * * * * Culver City, CA (September 15, 2003) - The ultimate "Van Dammage" is about to
    be unleashed! *World-renowned box office action superstar Jean-Claude Van Damme
    (Universal Soldier, Timecop) delivers a knock-out performance as a man who must survive a
    deadly prison where hardened criminals battle to the death in the intense, action-packed
    thriller IN HELL. *The thriller is directed by Ringo Lam (Replicant, Double Dragon), debuts
    exclusively on DVD and videocassette November 25 from Columbia TriStar Home
    * * * * Inside the most corrupt prison in Europe's Eastern Block, the warden pits prisoners
    against each other in fights to the death for profit. *The brutality transforms the inmates into
    dreaded monsters. *The newest contender is Kyle LeBlanc (Jean-Claude Van Damme), who is
    sentenced to life for killing his wife's murderer. *Inside the prison, Kyle is forced to participate in
    a perverse sport where inmates fight each other, sometimes to the death, for the sadistic warden's
    own entertainment and profit. *As Kyle begins a steady decline towards becoming one of the
    violent criminals he despises, he struggles to fight for his humanity - but his unbridled rage catapults him to the victor's
    circle. *Kyle's descent into a "living hell" is part of a powerful journey to come to grips and
    overcome the enemy we all battle within ourselves.

* * * * Digitally Mastered Audio & Anamorphic Video
    * * * * Widescreen Presentation
    * * * * Making of Featurette
    * * * * Audio: *English (Dolby Digital 5.1, Dolby Surround)
    * * * * Subtitles: English, French
    * * * * Theatrical Trailer
    * * * * Scene Selections

Rated R
    Closed Captioned
    Running Time: 97 Minutes
    DVD Catalog #00894 / UPC Code: 0-43396-00894-6
    VHS Catalog #00892 / UPC Code: 0-43396-00892-2
    VHS Spanish Subtitles Catalog #00893 / UPC Code: 0-43396-00893-9
    DVD Order Date: 10/23/03
    VHS Order Date: *11/04/03
    SLP: $24.95 DVD; VHS rental
  2. Chris Joyner

Chris Joyner Stunt Coordinator

Mar 6, 2003
    I like certain Van Damme movies (I think "Maximum Risk" is a great movie), but most of his latest movies suck. A friend of mine (He is stationed in Spain) has seen this movie and has said it is really good. He said Van Damme doesn't do his normal martial arts, but a lot of grappling and wrestling. Anyway, I'm really looking forward to this movies, especially since it's directed by Ringo Lam!