CTHE Press Release: "Charlie's Angels 2: Full Throttle" Rated & Unrated DVD

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Ronald Epstein, Sep 9, 2003.

1. Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein Founder
    Owner

Ronald Epstein
    Cameron Diaz, Drew Barrymore, Lucy Liu and Bernie Mac
    With Director McG On The Peddle Bring the Ultimate Summer Popcorn
    *Movie to the Screen in

CHARLIE'S ANGELS: FULL THROTTLE
    Arriving on DVD and VHS in both rated and un-rated versions on * * * *
    October 21, 2003

Demi Moore, John Cleese, Matt Leblanc and Luke Wilson Bring Additional
    Voltage to This Summer Ride

* * * * Culver City, Calif., September 3, 2003 On Tuesday, October 21, Columbia TriStar
    Home Entertainment (CTHE) will release the highly anticipated DVD and VHS of
    Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle in both rated and un-rated versions. *The jaw-dropping,
    adrenaline packed summer action comedy is directed by McG and stars Cameron Diaz,
    Drew Barrymore and Lucy Liu. *With its incredibly creative stunts, ultra-sexy costumes,
    a soundtrack that rocks and a color palette that dazzles, this worldwide box-office hit
    follows in the footsteps of its highly successful predecessor Charlie's Angels.

The movie stars Cameron Diaz, Drew Barrymore, Lucy Liu, Bernie Mac, Demi Moore,
    Matt LeBlanc and Luke Wilson along with cameo roles by Bruce Willis, Pink, Jaclyn
    Smith, Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen, Carrie Fisher, Eve and many others. The summer's
    film was directed by honorary "Angel" McG and produced by Leonard Goldberg, Drew
    Barrymore and Nancy Juvonen. *

Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle, available on Special Edition DVD in its original
    theatrical PG-13 version and also on an un-rated DVD with additional footage and
    special features, will be packed with features including a telestrator commentary by McG,
    which gives a play-by-play dissection of specific scenes, Cameo-Graphy to test viewer's
    knowledge of the A-list celebrity appearances and Pink's music video, "Feel Good Time"
    featuring William Orbit. *See below for a complete listing of the DVD features. *

Also available is a two-pack featuring Charlie's Angels Superbit Deluxe and the Unrated
    version of Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle.

Account specific promotional partners include Nestle, Frito-Lay and Cliff Bar.

In support of its retail partners, CTHE is implementing a pre-sale policy. *To allow time
    for distributors and retailers to create their respective marketing materials, all materials
    are now available on www.CTHEconnect.com.

DVD SPECIAL FEATURES
    Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle features powerful women heroines, amazing stunts,
    fashion-forward costumes and great entertainment.

DVD Rated PG-13 Version
    * * * * McG's telestrator commentary - While McG comments on the film, he uses the
    telestrator to illustrate his points on screen similar to what John Madden does during
    Monday Night Football.
    * * * * Writer's Commentary
    * * * * Angel Vision Trivia Track - pop up trivia track with video link-outs to the Angel
    Scouts location featurettes.
    * * * * Angels Makeover: Hansen Dam featurette - How they filmed the action-packed,
    show-stopping scene on the Hansen Dam.
    * * * * Designing Angel's featurette - On the production design of the film.
    * * * * Dream Duds featurette - On the costumes
    * * * * Full Throttle featurette - The cars of Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle
    * * * * There's No Such Thing as a Short Shot, Only an Overworked Producer -
    featurette - On the complexities of filming all the scenes that go into the opening
    montage.
    * * * * Music Video - PINK featuring WILLIAM ORBIT "Feel Good Time"
    * * * * Cameo-Graphy - Menu-driven list of the celebrity cameos. Clicking on that name
    gives viewer a page of trivia about the celebrity and then takes you to that scene in
    the film.
    * * * * DVD-ROM - Sony Game -Charlie's Angels ™: Angel X Online Game
    * * * * DVD-ROM link to the Charlie's Angels Animated Shorts.

Exclusive to Unrated DVD Version: *The Unrated version will contain all of the
    above elements plus:
    * * * * Pussycat Dolls featurette - Profile on Robin Antin's hot and innovative dance troupe
    "The Pussycat Dolls."
    * * * * Rolling with the Punches featurette - Training, choreographing, rehearsing and
    filming the fight scenes
    * * * * XXX-treme Angels featurette - The Angels and the Moto-Cross scene.
    * * * * Full Throttle Jukebox - Menu-driven list of the soundtrack songs. *Clicking on a
    song gives viewer a short clip of McG and music supervisor John Houlihan talking
    about how and why the song was used. *Then they viewer is connected to the scene
    where that song belongs.

CHARLIE'S ANGELS: FULL THROTTLE
    From Columbia Pictures Presents, A Leonard Goldberg Production, Charlie's Angels:
    Full Throttle unleashes America's greatest secret weapon as Natalie Cook (Cameron
    Diaz), Dylan Sanders (Drew Barrymore) and Alex Munday (Lucy Liu) reunite for a
    challenging new adventure. *The sequel to the blockbuster action comedy is directed by
    McG and inspired by the phenomenally popular television series.

The Angels prepare to strike without warning as they go undercover to retrieve two
    missing silver bands. *These are no ordinary rings. *They contain valuable encrypted
    information that reveal the new identities of every person in the Federal Witness
    Protection Program.

When witnesses start turning up dead, only the Angels, using their expertise as masters of
    disguise, espionage and material arts, can stop the perpetrator, a mysterious *
    "fallen" Angel (Demi Moore). *Aided by their trusty colleague Jimmy Bosley (Bernie
    Mac), the Angels' adventure begins at a remote Mongolian outpost and ends only after
    Dylan (Barrymore) is forced to face a dark secret from her past – a secret that puts the
    lives of her two best friends in danger. *Now the action-packed sequel will lead viewers
    into full throttle when it arrives on DVD and VHS just in time for the holiday season.

CAST & FILMMAKERS

Cast: * * * *Cameron Diaz, Drew Barrymore, Lucy Liu, Bernie Mac,
    Crispin Glover, Justin Theroux, Robert Patrick, Demi
    Moore, Rodrigo Santoro, Shia LaBeouf *
    Casting By: * * * * * * * * * * * *Justine Baddeley and Kim Davis-Wagner
    Music By: * * * * * * * * * * * *Edward Shearmur
    Costume Design By: * * * * * * * *Joseph G. Aulisi
    Visual Effects Supervisor * * * *Mark Stetson
    Edited By: * * * * * * * * * * * *Wayne Wahrman, A.C.E.
    Production Designer: * * * * * * * *J. Michael Riva
    Director of Photography: * * * *Russell Carpenter, ASC
    Executive Producers: * * * * * * * *Jenno Topping, Patrick Crowley
    Producers: * * * * * * * * * * * *Leonard Goldberg, Drew Barrymore, Nancy Juvonen
    Story By: * * * * * * * * * * * *John August
    Screenplay By: * * * *John August and Cormac Wibberley & Marianne
    Wibberley
    Directed By: * * * * * * * * * * * *McG *

TECHNICAL INFORMATION
    Special Edition DVD
    Street Date: * * * * * * * *October 21, 2003
    Order Date: * * * * * * * *September 18, 2003
    Program Length: * * * *106 minutes
    Rating: * * * * * * * * * * * *PG-13
    Suggested List Price: * * * *$27.94
    Catalog Number: * * * *10040
    UPC: * * * * * * * * * * * *0-43396-10040-4
    Audio: * * * * * * * * * * * *English 5.1, French (Dolby Surround)
    Subtitles: * * * * * * * *English and French
    Aspect Ratio: * * * * * * * *1.33 Full Screen

Rating: * * * * * * * * * * * *Un-rated
    Suggested List Price: * * * *$27.94
    Catalog Number: * * * *02145
    UPC: * * * * * * * * * * * *0-43396-02145-7
    Audio: * * * * * * * * * * * *English 5.1, French (Dolby Surround)
    Subtitles: * * * * * * * *English and French
    Aspect Ratio: * * * * * * * *2.40 Wide Screen

DVD TWO-PACK (CHARLIE'S ANGELS SUPERBIT DELUXE AND THE
    UNRATED VERSION OF CHARLIE'S ANGELS: FULL THROTTLE)

Suggested List Price: * * * *$39.95
    Catalog Number: * * * *02420 * * * *
    UPC: * * * * * * * * * * * *0-43376-02420-5

VHS
    Rental
    Street Date: * * * * * * * *October 21, 2003
    Order Date: * * * * * * * *September 30, 2003
    Program Length: * * * *106 minutes
    Rating: * * * * * * * * * * * *PG-13
    Catalog Number: * * * *10038
    UPC: * * * * * * * * * * * *0-43396-10038-1

Rating: * * * * * * * * * * * *Un-rated
    Catalog Number: * * * *02419
    UPC: * * * * * * * * * * * *0-43396-02419-9

VHS - Spanish Subtitles (PG-13 version)
    Catalog Number: * * * *10039
    UPC: * * * * * * * * * * * *0-43396-10039-8

2. Robert Floto

Robert Floto Supporting Actor

It really irritates me that the theatrical version of this film is only going to be available in Pan & Scam! [​IMG]

If I purchase, I would most likely get the "Unrated" version but the theatrical version should still be available OAR!!

Columbia used to be really good about this. What happened!?!

3. Haden

Haden Supporting Actor

Any idea what extra scenes are in the unrated version? I'd be surprised if they actually filmed nude scenes for this stupid movie.

4. Jesse Skeen

Jesse Skeen Producer

I'm really sure that anyone who wants the pan and scan version will listen to the writer's commentary!! That's ridiculous that they wouldn't have a proper release of the theatrical version- so much for seamless branching and all that hype about multiple versions on one disc I guess. Oh well, I didn't like the first movie much anyway, guess I should be glad to be spared ever having to see the second one.

5. Nick Graham

Nick Graham Screenwriter

I hope Columbia doesn't start doing this to movies that aren't the cinematic equivalent to a hydrochloric acid enema....let's hope this experiment dies with this worthless movie. Kind of concerning...

6. Magnus T

Magnus T Supporting Actor

I think this actually can be a good thing. The J6P's who wants the unrated version of CA2 will now only have the option to buy the widescreen version. And I'm sure there are many of them who will be more interested in the unrated version than the PG-13 version. I could be wrong...

7. Jesse Skeen

Jesse Skeen Producer

There's only 1 version I want- the THEATRICAL version. And if that's not coming out, I won't bother with it at all.

8. Josh Sieg

Josh Sieg Second Unit

I WANT UNRATED!!!!!!!!!!!

9. Dan Rudolph

Dan Rudolph Producer

Josh, the unrated is just a little more violence. No one takes their top off or anything.

10. Alex Spindler

Alex Spindler Producer

Jeez, why don't you just tell him there's no Santa Claus while you're at it.

11. David Illingworth II

David Illingworth II Second Unit

Alex, you had me laughing with that one.

12. Shayne Lebrun

Shayne Lebrun Screenwriter

There's no Santa Claus? Dammit. Next time, use the spoiler tags, eh? ;-)

Still, I'd like to hear the official Columbia rationale behind this decision.

13. Kindo Larue

Kindo Larue Auditioning

I believe the additional footage in in the "ship hull" fight scene with the Irish gang. I think it totals only one minute.

And if we are throwin' around comments on the film itself, I loved it. A fun sequel to a fun original. It was knocked far too hard this summer when crap like 2 FAST 2 FURIOUS and LXG went unchecked...

I'm looking forward to this DVD release.

14. Michael St. Clair

In this case, I'd definitely say unrated = ploy to drum up sales of theatrical flop.

15. Brad M

Brad M Second Unit

Both show a 106 minute running time. Any chance the changes are just in the extras? Of course it also says "additional footage." I'm confused.

16. Damin J Toell

Damin J Toell Producer

Damin J. Toell

17. WillG

WillG Producer

I suppose I can understand the reasoning behind it. They probably figure that most people who are going to buy the W/S version will probably want it unrated as well so there is not much reason to do a W/S Rated transfer. As someone else said, it probably just seconds of extra footage that was not submitted to the MPAA, not plot/story altering scenes. And maybe this will boost W/S sales as even alot of J6P will want unrated. It's the same thing with "Old School" Did the rated version even make a blip on the sales charts? But of course now, good luck finding the W/S unrated version at Wally world

18. Kindo Larue

Kindo Larue Auditioning

I think we can blame VAN WILDER for all this "Unrated" nonsense...

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't this sell a million copies because they promoted the "Unrated" aspects of the disc?

When a nothing film like WILDER sells a million, everybody wants in on that pot o' gold.