CTHE Press Release: Bon Voyage

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Ronald Epstein, Jun 15, 2004.

1. Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein Founder
    Owner

Ronald Epstein
    A delightful film! *Rousing hilarity and spectacle!" - Michael Wilmington, Chicago Tribune

"Devour it with pleasure! Watching 'Bon Voyage', on may be reminded of 'Casablanca' and
    other glamorous Hollywood melodramas" - *David Denby, The New Yorker

Acclaimed, Comedy From Academy Award®-Nominated Director Jean-Paul
    Rappeneau Starring Isabelle Adjani, Gérard Depardieu, Virgine Ledoyen,
    Yvan Attal, Grégori Derangére and Peter Coyote

BON VOYAGE
    Nominated for 11 Cesar Awards including Best Picture and Best Director
    Premiering August 17 on DVD and VHS

* * * * Culver City, CA (June 14 2004) - Murderous intrigues, political melodrama, scientific
    secrets and love affairs flourish in the all-star French romantic comedy BON VOYAGE
    nominated for 11 Cesar Awards (the French equivalent of the Academy Awards®) including
    Best Picture and Best Director. *A light-hearted, sophisticated farce presented in high-style and
    lavish period production from Oscar®-nominated veteran director Jean-Paul Rappeneau (Cyrano
    de Bergerac, The Horseman on the Roof) starring two-time Academy Award®-nominee Isabelle
    Adjani (Diabolique, Camille Claudel), Academy Award®-nominee Gérard Depardieu (Green
    Card, Cyrano de Bergerac), Virgine Ledoyen (8 Women), Yvan Attal (My Wife is an Actress),
    Grégori Derangère (The Officer's Ward) and Peter Coyote (Erin Brokovich), BON VOYAGE
    will debut August 17 on DVD and VHS (rental) from Columbia TriStar Home Entertainment.

Synopsis
    This larger than life romantic comedy, tells a story about a motley group of Parisians who
    head south to escape the imminent German occupation. Among them is an undercover Nazi spy
    who's intent on stealing a top-secret formula from a pretty physics student, who has her eye on a
    handsome murder suspect, who is hot on the trail of the real killer, a celebrated mistress of a
    spineless government minister. Upon arrival in Bordeaux, they all check into the glamorous
    Hotel Splendide, where they soon become hopelessly entangled in a madcap misadventure filled
    with intrigue, mystery, romance and suspense.

DVD SPECIAL FEATURES INCLUDE:
    * * * * Director Jean-Paul Rappeneau Commentary
    * * * * Digitally Mastered Audio & Anamorphic Video
    * * * * Remastered in High Definition
    * * * * Widescreen Presentation
    * * * * Audio: *French (Dolby Digital 5.1)
    * * * * Subtitles: *English, Spanish, Portuguese
    * * * * Bonus Trailers
    * * * * Scene Selections

Rated PG-13
    Color
    Closed Captioned
    Running Time: 115 Minutes
    DVD Catalog # 03241 / UPC Code: 0-43396-03241-5
    VHS Catalog # 03240 / UPC Code: 0-43396-03240-8
    DVD Order Date: 07/15/04
    VHS Order Date: 07/27/04
    SLP: $29.95 DVD; VHS rental priced

2. Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein Founder
    Owner

Ronald Epstein
    A delightful film! *Rousing hilarity and spectacle!" - Michael Wilmington, Chicago Tribune

"Devour it with pleasure! Watching 'Bon Voyage', on may be reminded of 'Casablanca' and
    other glamorous Hollywood melodramas" - *David Denby, The New Yorker

Acclaimed, Comedy From Academy Award®-Nominated Director Jean-Paul
    Rappeneau Starring Isabelle Adjani, Gérard Depardieu, Virgine Ledoyen,
    Yvan Attal, Grégori Derangére and Peter Coyote

BON VOYAGE
    Nominated for 11 Cesar Awards including Best Picture and Best Director
    Premiering August 17 on DVD and VHS

* * * * Culver City, CA (June 14 2004) - Murderous intrigues, political melodrama, scientific
    secrets and love affairs flourish in the all-star French romantic comedy BON VOYAGE
    nominated for 11 Cesar Awards (the French equivalent of the Academy Awards®) including
    Best Picture and Best Director. *A light-hearted, sophisticated farce presented in high-style and
    lavish period production from Oscar®-nominated veteran director Jean-Paul Rappeneau (Cyrano
    de Bergerac, The Horseman on the Roof) starring two-time Academy Award®-nominee Isabelle
    Adjani (Diabolique, Camille Claudel), Academy Award®-nominee Gérard Depardieu (Green
    Card, Cyrano de Bergerac), Virgine Ledoyen (8 Women), Yvan Attal (My Wife is an Actress),
    Grégori Derangère (The Officer's Ward) and Peter Coyote (Erin Brokovich), BON VOYAGE
    will debut August 17 on DVD and VHS (rental) from Columbia TriStar Home Entertainment.

Synopsis
    This larger than life romantic comedy, tells a story about a motley group of Parisians who
    head south to escape the imminent German occupation. Among them is an undercover Nazi spy
    who's intent on stealing a top-secret formula from a pretty physics student, who has her eye on a
    handsome murder suspect, who is hot on the trail of the real killer, a celebrated mistress of a
    spineless government minister. Upon arrival in Bordeaux, they all check into the glamorous
    Hotel Splendide, where they soon become hopelessly entangled in a madcap misadventure filled
    with intrigue, mystery, romance and suspense.

DVD SPECIAL FEATURES INCLUDE:
    * * * * Director Jean-Paul Rappeneau Commentary
    * * * * Digitally Mastered Audio & Anamorphic Video
    * * * * Remastered in High Definition
    * * * * Widescreen Presentation
    * * * * Audio: *French (Dolby Digital 5.1)
    * * * * Subtitles: *English, Spanish, Portuguese
    * * * * Bonus Trailers
    * * * * Scene Selections

Rated PG-13
    Color
    Closed Captioned
    Running Time: 115 Minutes
    DVD Catalog # 03241 / UPC Code: 0-43396-03241-5
    VHS Catalog # 03240 / UPC Code: 0-43396-03240-8
    DVD Order Date: 07/15/04
    VHS Order Date: 07/27/04
    SLP: $29.95 DVD; VHS rental priced

3. Jason Seaver

Jason Seaver Lead Actor

Captions/subtitles on this? I know my high-school French wasn't good enough for the commentaries on (I think) Brotherhood of the Wolf and The Crimson Rivers.

This is a pretty spiffy movie, though. Close to feather-light at times, but one of my favorites to come out this year.

4. Jason Seaver

Jason Seaver Lead Actor

Captions/subtitles on this? I know my high-school French wasn't good enough for the commentaries on (I think) Brotherhood of the Wolf and The Crimson Rivers.

This is a pretty spiffy movie, though. Close to feather-light at times, but one of my favorites to come out this year.