CTHE Press Release: "ARNOLD SCHWARZENEGGER DVD TWO-PACK"

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Ronald Epstein, Oct 1, 2003.

1. Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein Founder
    Owner

Ronald Epstein
    Twice The Action of the Ultimate Action Superstar!

ARNOLD SCHWARZENEGGER DVD TWO-PACK
    Featuring THE LAST ACTION HERO and THE 6TH DAY
    Specially Priced Together on October 28

* * * * Culver City, CA (August 18, 2003) - The votes are in and Schwarzenegger wins -
    with the exciting new two-pack DVD release featuring a double dose of the international
    superstar's action-packed films, THE LAST ACTION HERO and THE 6TH DAY Special
    Edition. *Available October 28 for the first time together in a specially priced two-pack for
    only $28.95 SLP from Columbia TriStar Home Entertainment.

THE LAST ACTION HERO
    Schwarzenegger bursts through the screen as a bigger-than-life movie hero in this non-stop
    over-the-top adventure. *The film follows the adventures of 11-year-old Danny (Austin
    O'Brien), whose magic ticket blasts him out of his theater seat and into an action movie
    starring his favorite screen idol Jack Slater (Schwarzenegger). *There he teams up with Slater,
    living his wildest fantasies in a celluloid world where anything is possible.
    * * * * Rated PG-13 * * * *
    * * * * Running Time: 130 Minutes
    * * * * Color / Closed Captioned
    * * * * Digitally Mastered Audio & Anamorphic Video
    * * * * Widescreen and Full Screen Presentation
    * * * * Audio: English 5.1 (Dolby Digital) or 2-Channel
    * * * * Subtitles: Enlish, Spanish, Korean
    * * * * Scene Selections

THE 6TH DAY SPECIAL EDITION
    Prepare for a high tech sci-fi blast with twice the Arnold and twice the action in THE 6TH DAY
    from the director of Tomorrow Never Dies. *Schwarzenegger stars as Adam, an ace pilot in
    the very near future who is having a serious identity crisis. *An evil corporation illegally
    cloned him, and now they're trying to kill him to hide the evidence. *Torn from his family and
    faced with a shocking exact duplicate of himself, Adam races against time to reclaim his life
    and save the world from the underground cloning movement. *The film also stars powerhouse
    actors Robert Duvall (Gone in 60 Seconds, Deep Impact) and Michael Rapaport (Deep Blue
    Sea, Cop Land).
    * * * * Rated PG-13 * * * *
    * * * * Running Time: 124 Minutes
    * * * * Color / Closed Captioned
    * * * * Digitally Mastered Audio & Anamorphic Video
    * * * * Widescreen & Full Screen Presentation
    * * * * Audio Commentary by composer Trevor Rabin with 5.1 Isolated Music Score
    * * * * On the 6th Day -9 Behind-the-Scenes Featurettes
    * * * * Showtime Making of Special: The Future is Coming
    * * * * Storyboard comparison and animation
    * * * * Bonus Trailers
    * * * * DVD-ROM link to the official The 6th Day website
    * * * * Audio: English 5.1 (Dolby Digital & DSS), French, Spanish, Portuguese
    * * * * Subtitles: English, French, Spanish, Portuguese, Chinese, Korean, Thai
    * * * * Animated Menus
    * * * * Scene Selections

TWO-PACK SPECS
    DVD Cat # 02268
    UPC Code: #0-43396-02268-3
    Order Date: 09/25/03 * * * * * * * * * * * *
    SLP: $28.95

2. ZackR

ZackR Supporting Actor

A Region-1 Last Action Hero?!?

I am all over it. That movie is one of my guilty pleasures. [​IMG]

3. Stephen_Ri

Stephen_Ri Stunt Coordinator

Is that a new transfer on Last Action Hero? My disc is anamorphic but several years old and grainy.

4. jonathan_little

jonathan_little Stunt Coordinator

That looks like the Last Action Hero disc that can be found at Wal-Mart for $5.88. (Watch out for copies with a gold "10th Anniversary" sticker on them which are fullscreen only.)

6. Tony-B

Tony-B Producer

Frank, is there anything in the fine print that would indicate a WS version being included on the disc?

IMDb is most likely talking about the original releases of these titles. Who knows? They might have changed it to not include the OAR transfer. The only way to find out is to buy it, but then you have the risk of getting the FS disease. [​IMG]

I'm not trying to start a political debate here, but do I see a California Recall Election tie-in for this set? [​IMG]

7. jonathan_little

jonathan_little Stunt Coordinator

I think these fullscreen-only releases are a new thing lovingly created for Wal-Mart shoppers. I believe the double-sided disc of Last Action Hereo that I bought early in September had a "Jun 03" date on the price sticker (and was at the bottom of the $5.88 bin), while the fullscreen versions had a date of "Sep 03" and that pretty "10th Anniversary" gold sticker on them.

The back of the "10th Anniversary" version states that the film is presented in fullscreen format and has been modified to fit the screen. There is no mention of a widescreen presentation on the back of the "10th Anniversary" versions that I saw.