1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

CTHD SuperBits Spoken Language????

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Sean Moon, Aug 21, 2001.

1. Sean Moon

Sean Moon Cinematographer

Something about Crouching Tiger has been troubling me since the announcement of a SuperBit edition.
    What language will the 5.1 tracks be?
    Obviously they cant fit both English and Mandarin DD5.1 and Both in DTS on one disc. I pray and think that the tracks will be in Mandarin, as it should be, since these discs are aimed at the HT and film buffs like us.
    But lately, anything is possible. Warner only does PS on family titles, and Sony may now not offer a great film in its original language.
    I need some confirmation on the Mandarin being the 5.1 track on this disc, otherwise I smell another BIG uproar starting on the forum
    ------------------
    [​IMG]

2. Antonio_M

Antonio_M Stunt Coordinator

According to the specs of this superbit...it has the 5.1 Mandarin track. [​IMG]
    [Edited last by Antonio_M on August 22, 2001 at 12:06 AM]

3. Joel Mack

Joel Mack Cinematographer

I never saw anything in the other thread where this was discussed, but I don't suppose they've re-done the subtitles for the SuperBit version, have they?
    ------------------
    "If we blow up, whatever's left of me is kickin' your butt."

4. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

No, the subs will be identical, and yes, they're dumping the dub for the Superbit release. CTHV gets a pat on the back for making sure it's OSL
    Jeff Kleist