ctfmon and video

Discussion in 'Computers' started by Eric_L, Jan 29, 2005.

1. Eric_L

Eric_L Screenwriter

I stumbled across this website today:
    http://dvdfix.cjb.net/

I started wondering if this may be related to the trouble I was experiencing with my movie playback on my PC. I was having trouble with audio sync, most notably with theater tec. , but all others as well. I tried downloading all sorts of sync related programs then finally just gave up. Now I wonder if I found the solution.

My system is p4 2.4 800fsb, 1 gig ram, ati rad aiw 9700. Should have run fine. Yes, I have office installed.

What do you think, is this program my solution or will it make my system crap out?

2. Eric_L

Eric_L Screenwriter

bum p

I thought this would be more popular of a topic, am I the only person who has this trouble? When I move back into my home (hurricane restoration now) I'll try this, but it looks like MS Office is crippling to HTPCs acording to this site. Can anyone verify?

3. Christian Behrens

Christian Behrens Supporting Actor

Christian Behrens
    Eric,

The site explicitely states that it is for trouble with HARDWARE decoders. Unless you have an extra card in your system solely for video decoding, which is unlikely these days, that program won't do anything for you.

-Christian