CT-M6R Cassette Changer Help Wanted (Copied from Receivers/Separates/Amps forum)

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Robert Wellman, Jun 26, 2002.

1. Robert Wellman

Robert Wellman Auditioning

I was lucky enough to pick up a CT-M6R at a Pawn shop recently and I have had what I think is a strange problem with it and I was hoping someone in the forums could help. Everything on the unit is working perfectly except when playing the second side of a cassette is seams to be stuck in some kind of Quick Reverse. It is almost like the unit is trying to do high speed dubbing but since there is only one deck that does not make much since.

Is this a feature of the unit or is something wrong? Is there a way to turn this off? I called Pioneer hoping to obtain a remote and a copy of the owner's manual but they told me that they don't carry either any more.

If there is anyone out there that has the Owners Manual for the CT-M6R I would be happy to pay you for a copy of it. I don't think Pioneer can complain too much they don't carry the manuals anymore.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Robert Wellman

P.S. Sorry about the mis-post I thought I saw Components in the title not Separates. Hazards of a computer support job where you read 100's of web-pages a day.

-RW

2. Dre Witt

Dre Witt Extra

I owned the unit you are speaking of, but sold it in the mid 90s. I currently have the CT-WM62R, which is the dual well version with dubbing (6+1 recording.) From my experience with both the machines it sounds like yours is busted. There is no reason why it should play in double speed or faster when it flips to the second side. Sorry, but then again I could be wrong.

3. KeithH

KeithH Lead Actor

Robert, I didn't notice that you are new to the Forum when I responded to your post on the Receivers/Amps/Separates board. First, welcome to the Forum! When a thread is misplaced, a Moderator will often relocate it to the proper message board. That way, the site stays organized and threads get the proper attention they deserve. Also, I believe the Moderators like to avoid having threads run on more than one message board in an attempt to save precious bandwidth.

Could a Moderator combine the thread on the CT-M6R over on the Receivers/Amps/Separates with this thread?

4. Robert Wellman

Robert Wellman Auditioning

Dre Witt:
    I took my unit apart and it was not the pinch roller. I took it in to a local repair shop and they were not able to figure it out. I don't feel so bad now [​IMG] I ordered a copy of the service manual on microfiche and printed the manual for the repair shop then they were able it figure it out. So $70.00 later I have a perfectly functioning player. All's well that ends well.
    -Robert

5. KeithH

KeithH Lead Actor

Robert, glad to hear you were able to get the deck fixed. Those cassette changers are classics.