CT-150 or CHT-15 music / movie switch?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by James Bergeron, Apr 17, 2002.

1. James Bergeron

James Bergeron Supporting Actor

Anyone know what this really does? I keep it on movie but have noticed if I switch it to music I lose a lot of output power.

I have yet to try to calibrate it in "music" mode which may be the key. Does it somehow change the subs operation making it tighter like a sealed design?

2. Drew Bethel

Drew Bethel Screenwriter

When Ferstler reviewed the 150 he said the audio/video switch is essentially a sensitivity switch. He recommends putting it on audio and forgetting about it.

I have mine set on video. I've been too lazy to measure it but I believe I get a few extra db boost >35 Hz...while probably losing a few dbs under 30 hz. I'll test it one of these days when I replace the battery in the old trusty spl meter.

3. James Bergeron

Ah to me it sounds doubly powerfull on video, could be a room affect though if it gives it a boost at 35hz. I have LOTS of room to play since I only have it at 1 on the volume.

Maybe I would be better off on audio at 8 volume and then turn it down on the amp side.

4. steve nn

steve nn Cinematographer

I get 30-35% more out of mine on the video.I just thought it was to back it off some for music.Seems like I read something on this subject.

5. James Bergeron

Steve if you can find what it was you read I would be very interested in reading it.

I agree I thought the same as you, but will attempt it the other way when I get a chance.

6. chella

chella Stunt Coordinator

James,