What's new

CT-150 or CHT-15 music / movie switch? (2 Viewers)

James Bergeron

Supporting Actor
Anyone know what this really does? I keep it on movie but have noticed if I switch it to music I lose a lot of output power.

I have yet to try to calibrate it in "music" mode which may be the key. Does it somehow change the subs operation making it tighter like a sealed design?

Drew Bethel

Screenwriter
When Ferstler reviewed the 150 he said the audio/video switch is essentially a sensitivity switch. He recommends putting it on audio and forgetting about it.

I have mine set on video. I've been too lazy to measure it but I believe I get a few extra db boost >35 Hz...while probably losing a few dbs under 30 hz. I'll test it one of these days when I replace the battery in the old trusty spl meter.

James Bergeron

Supporting Actor
Ah to me it sounds doubly powerfull on video, could be a room affect though if it gives it a boost at 35hz. I have LOTS of room to play since I only have it at 1 on the volume.

Maybe I would be better off on audio at 8 volume and then turn it down on the amp side.

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
I get 30-35% more out of mine on the video.I just thought it was to back it off some for music.Seems like I read something on this subject.

James Bergeron

Supporting Actor
Steve if you can find what it was you read I would be very interested in reading it.

I agree I thought the same as you, but will attempt it the other way when I get a chance.

chella

Stunt Coordinator
James,

Maybe I would be better off on audio at 8 volume and then turn it down on the amp side.
If you are connecting the sub via line level, it is better to have the sub volume turned to about half way mark and turn the level down at the amp or receiver end. This has always resulted in a much nicer bass for me.

Hope this helps,

-C-

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks