What's new

CSNY 1974 (1 Viewer)

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
Any takers of this mega live set from Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young? 1974 was a good year for live music. There's a bluray audio and a huge book, or 3CDs and the same huge book. I got the bluray and the iTunes download because it was convenient. Anyone else?

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
I've been thinking about buying the Blu-Ray set, both because I'm a fan of CSNY and to support Blu-Ray audio in general. But I tend to be hesitant about live recordings. So I'm interested in hearing your thoughts about the performance and the audio quality of this set.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
I got the blu-ray and liked it. I'm more of a Neil Young fan than a CSN fan, so I guess my critique would be I would of liked more Neil ha ha.

Anyway, it sounds great. The playing is fantastic and singing is probably as perfect as they have ever sounded. I can't imagine any fan being disappointed with it. The brief video footage included is pretty cool too.

Actually, i do have another nit pick. There should be a screen saver type thing to display on the TV while it plays. Anyone who has seen Young's amazing Archives Blu-Ray set knows what I'm talking about. Not a deal breaker of course, or a thing isolated to this release. A looping slide show would be better than nothing on these blu-ray audios.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I just ordered this set from Amazon on Blu (they just had a big price drop--currently $35.88).

I just received it the other day.

But how sad that I find this thread and realized that I can't discuss it with the OP. RIP, Steve. Our paths continue to cross here at the HTF. Miss ya brother.

I'll report back when I've had a chance to give it a critical listen.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I saw that drop too. Had it in my cart since Steve made the topic.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks