What's new

CSI: Season 5 thread (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
11/4/04

Hahaha.

All those years of reading Cracked/MAD paid off for Grissom.

The bad guy had some really gnarly teeth.

Rob T

Screenwriter
I love the blue paint killer case. It was nice to see it solved.
smile.gif

Joseph S

Senior HTF Member
quote:He's not done with Alias, but the number of episodes he's appearing in has been cut down this season (he went from regular to recurring for Alias season 4).

Maybe so, but I don't see how the folks at CSI: Las Vegas gave him clearance for this job. ;)

How the mighty have fallen. A one time player for the role of world dictator has now sunk to being a lowly part-time lab tech.
biggrin.gif

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
11/11/04

An okay episode that introduced us to a female dayshift CSI, and gets Ecksley (Grissom's dayshift counterpart) promoted to head CSI chief, presumeably over Grissom, though we don't know if Grissom was in the mix. Will the female dayshift CSI show up in future CSI episodes as Ecksley's replacement is to be named (and Grissom even suggested that Catherine should be considered for the spot to Ecksley)?

Did the first girl's death get resolved? I missed a minute in the final segment of the episode. Anyhow, it looks like the little girl who cried wolf finally did herself in with her elaborate hoax. Boo hoo.

Rob T

Screenwriter
The first girl went crazy after the "kidnappers" left the room and the rest in the room were trying to figure out what to do, they tried to get to calm down and a guy suffocated her with the couch pillow.

At least, that's what I understood from the flashbacks.

DaveMcS

Second Unit
Eckley (sic) was promoted to Asst. Director of the Crime Lab, leaving his Day Shift Supervisor spot open. In a previous ep..Catherine found out alas, we found out tonight that the (CSI-Miami) Calleigh-Clone is Eckley's choice. It's clear Eckley's disdain for Grissom and the night shift will prevent Catherine from getting to see days.

Do we have any idea who MAY be replacing Greg in the trace/DNA lab? We've seen CTU Expat Reiko Aylesworth and Friends wannabe Aisha Tyler both trying out for the spot. With Greg hot to get into the field we should know pretty soon...

todd s

Senior HTF Member
My wife pointed out that the whole scene where the girl ties herself up and dies in the trunk. That was taken from a Knots Landing episode. Where Jill does the same thing and frames Gary for her death. Sorry, my wife is a big Knots fan.
biggrin.gif

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
11/18/04

What a twisted episode dealing with gender-reassignment.

Grissom always tends to perk up when these types of cases show up.

I was having a hard time seeing Kate Walsh as a MTF considering I thought she was very cute as Nicki on the Drew Carey Show, though it looked like she had her lips puffed up (or maybe it was the make-up).

Horrible photoshopping on the photos that lead the CSI team to the main suspects.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
12/09/04

So the light is shined brightly on new world order in CSI, and it feels strange.

Warrick's balls descended as he started barking back at the cop he suspects of improper conduct. This goes up the chain, and Catherine has to give Warrick a talking-to, and Warrick looked annoyed in the differences in management styles between her and Grissom.

Greg is freaked out after being at the scene where a couple of murders occurs at the scene being investigated by him, Grissom and Sophia. Sophia shows some grit pursuing the shooter in order to gather the firearm used in the killings.

A bit of Sarah's past comes back to face her as a case leads her and Brass to a foster home, and brings back memories for her. I like Brass and Sarah as a team, though.

Grissom offers Catherine a bottled baby pig as a gift for her promotion, and agrees that his lack of political savvy cost him Warrick and Nick, but his misfortune is Catherine's bounty.

So is the crime lab going to be running short on staff for the night and swing shifts now? It would seem each shift is lacking about 2 CSIs after the shakeup from 2 episodes ago.

JonA

Agent
PSun,

nice post. I don't know about you, but I think that CSI is kicking serious butt right now. It's like that 5-7 season of StarTrek TNG, where everyone seemed "on". I like the shaking up of the crew as well. I also don't mind if we learn a little more about them, although i hope none of them hook up, or at least don't get into relationships.

Now that Catherine is Warricks' boss, it looks like they won't be getting together. Also, whether or not Will Peterson had some influence on the direction of the show now that he is a producer, you have to admit that this year has been pretty fantastic so far. My favorites have to be the blue-paint case and sex party caper...hot stuff there.

finally, I don't usually like Katherine, but she had been looking pretty d@mn good this year...great wardrobe choices i guess.

Jeff Pug

Stunt Coordinator
I missed the thanksgiving episode so I didnt get who the new girl was but that shot at the end when Sara is looking back and forth and is alone was great visual moment. What she needs to do is follow Grissom home and just jump him from behind and get it over with before the blond gets him first.

Also last week when Catherine caught her guy cheating and left him behind she now is setup to be a angery bitter person that will provide some sparks at some point

RobertW

Supporting Actor

yeah, after the case she had with the boys and foster homes, and her comment about how he should "go with life, the dead will always be there, i think she began to realize that the people you care about are the most important things in this life. and that point was driven home even deeper when she looked around the offices and saw the rest of the guys9and gals) hanging out, talking, joking, sharing a laugh together, and there she was alone, isolating herself.

i think it also showed how catherine's new position was also isolating her in a similar manner, that she was no longer part of the group that had worked together for so long, how she also was now a bit alone and apart from the others.

Chris_Morris

Screenwriter

I took that scene to be her wanting to be alone so that no one would see her using an office computer to search for information on a court case involving her mother.

Chris

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino

I have to disagree. I thought that before she pulled back that particular scab she looked for moral support - first to Grissom, who was with the new blonde, doubly vexing for Sara, and then to her old pals - who were busily initiating Greg into the Tribe without her. She was isolated and alone at a moment she didn't want to be. Significantly she did not look around to see if Catherine was near-by. Catherine, by contrast, watched "her boys" bonding and just smiled - understanding that her new job requires a certain distance, and accepting the fact while enjoying Greg's sliding into his new role. I thought the ending was poigniant and revealing, and done with enormous economy. A very good episode indeed.

Regards,

Joe

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I think Catherine wasn't happy about the new social order (because she had to fight to urge to go hang with the boyz), but it's part of the new job, and she did have to pull back on joining in with the boyz. I thought the look on her face was more of resignation to the new social landscape at the crime lab.

phil-w

Stunt Coordinator
What was with the interaction between Greg and the guy in his office? Is Greg gay, and that was his partner? The guy seemed overly concerned and critical about Greg going out into the field.

Forgive me, if this has been previously revealed, I am also catching up on early episodes via Netflix, and I just finished season 1 :)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I don't think Greg's gay, and the other lab guy was telling Greg (a lab guy trying to become a full-time CSI) that it's much safer inside the crime lab than going out and collecting evidence and investigating.

BTW, the other lab guy is a butt-kisser in the workplace, he was trying hard to get on Eckley's good side once Eckley got the promotion.

But, of course, there is the matter of a season 4 occurrence:

when Catherine screwed up and some compounds got heated and blew up the crime lab.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
"The other lab guy" is David Hodges, a transfer from the Los Angeles crime lab (which he seeems to have left because nobody there could stand him) who has a serious deficit in social skills to go with his transparent ambition and obsessive butt-kissing of anyone he thinks can advance his career. He wasn't expressing concern about Greg's bad night, or sympathy. He was rubbing it in, trying to reinforce Greg's doubts and undermine his confidence. Hodges is a vicious little office gossip and delights in the misfortunes of others. He'd surely like to see Greg, who has has gone from the lab to the field (albeit at the lowest level and with a pay cut) fail. That's just the kinda guy he is. :)

I think we're saying the same thing with slightly different emphasis. I agree that Catherine wasn't thrilled with the change and would have liked to go hang out with the others, but accepts the trade-off because of the good things the change gets here. And Marg expresses all of this worldlessly with a look and a toss of her head. That's called acting.

Regards,

Joe

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
1/6/05

Danni (Catherine Dent) from "The Shield" makes a guest appearance. Makes me want that show on TV now.

No Sophia this episode. Catherine gets to play up being the boss, and she's having a little too much fun there.

Eckley is just such a great people person at Greg's impromptu Proficiency party.

The cases were okay, not too interesting, though.

Bob-N

Supporting Actor
Solid episode. Thought Greg was going to get tossed back in the lab for a minute. I guess I'm gullible that way.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OttoIsHere
Recent bookmarks