What's new

CSI or 24? (1 Viewer)

Angel Pagan

Second Unit
Oh my... a Ronald Epstein sighting!!!

Blu, let us know a few episodes in what you think. If and when you finish 24 seasons 1 and 2... give Alias a look. You too Ron. :D

Daryl Stovall

Second Unit
An ep of 24 is like a Lays potato chip. You just can't have one. CSI is Quincy with a larger ensemble of key cast members and a Columbo-like gimmick for solving crimes.

Scott W.

Second Unit
Choose 24. It's the only blind purchase I've ever bought, and I agree with Ron Epstein's review of it 100 %.

Scott

Nick T Robot

Supporting Actor
If you get 24 and don't like it. You are clinically insane.

Both season's Look great. The Show itself is fantastic. And Season 2 has some great extras. Costco has season 2 really cheap until tomorrow (I think $25)

Paul_Stachniak

Screenwriter
Ugh, I'll give me two cents, I'm sure not everyone will agree. I would say buy only Season 1 of 24. While Season 2 was good, it seemed less plausible, and was a bit too 'overblown' thanks to it's expanded budget. (Mind you, I liked it. But as I'm watching Season 3, I can really see the producers and writers stretching for ideas, and frankly I saw a lot of that in 2)

CSI, however, is still VERY strong after 4 years, and very easy to get into. It may be easier to watch as the episodes are very independent in nature. Tho, Season 2 of CSI is much better then one.

So I will say buy Season 1 of 24, because it honestly was the best first season of any show (sans the Sopranos) that I have seen in a while. However, the later seasons are quite overdone. CSI is very strong in Season 1, but 2 is excellent. Essentially it all comes down to what you want to see: An Action show? Or a detective show?

Also as a DVD edge, I would give it to CSI Season 2. It's widescreen (finally) and the 5.1 mix is AMAZING, better then some movie mixes. The mix on 24 S2 was quite disappointing to me, as it was no as emersive as the CSI track.

Blu

Screenwriter
Well I started 24 last night with one episode and today I started with 1 A.M. and am now at 4 P.M.
Very very good show!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks