What's new

CSI: NY ongoing thread (1 Viewer)

Rob T

Screenwriter
I totally agree. Like it would have mattered at all if they waitied till commercial. None of the other networks even bothered to cut to it. Now I'm going to have to stay up for the west coast feed and I have to be up early tomorrow. :angry:

Ray Chuang

Screenwriter
Wanna bet that CBS issues a public apology and will reshow this episode in its entirety this coming Saturday night?

John_Lee

Supporting Actor
Here in St. Louis, I watched right up to the credits. No News cut in. I did get a phone call in the 1st half hour and may have missed a cut-in then, but that doesn't sound like what you guys were talking about.

John_Lee

Supporting Actor
quote:John could you let us know what happened?

Don't know how much you missed.

Spoiler:Danny and Aiden figured out that the Cafe workers were bound with a heat resistant duct tape used in auto repair. Put their eyes to the one girl's boyfriend, as he worked in an auto repair shop. Found residue of the tape in his trunk, but that didn't prove anything. But they dumped his trash and found a plastic bag. Lined it up with the bags over the heads at the crime scene to show the one in his trash came from the same roll. Turns out he was sore over her leaving town with the kids to get away from her junky brother.

Stella worked with Dr. Hawkes to recreate the tool marks on the dead guy's leg bone, using a surgical saw. Noted that it put a real strain on the tool. Had epiphany that the tool would've flipped a breaker. Went back to the apartment and found a fingerprint on the breaker switch. IDed it as the EMT who showed up at the scene first time around. Turns out he was EMT when the guy shot his leg the prior time. The dead guy begged him to amputate him, ended up paying him $10K. EMT needed money to return to Med School. Figured the guy wanted the amputation, what's the worst that could happen.

Ended with Danny staring off into space. Mac congratulated him on a good case and good writeup. Said Danny was on promotion track. Danny mused about the senselessness of a group of people coming to work, talking with the friends, going about their lives, and in an instant it's all over.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Everytime you think you have heard it all. Know I watch about a mental disorder that causes people to want to amputate body parts. Whats up with that???

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
quote:NEW YORK - CBS apologized Thursday for breaking into its prime-time drama "CSI: NY" for a special report on Palestinian leader Yasser Arafat's death, blaming an "overly aggressive" producer.

The 10:55 p.m. EST report on Wednesday cut off the ending of the popular forensics drama, prompting a cascade of viewer complaints.

The network said the "CSI: NY" episode would be repeated in its entirety 10 p.m. EST Friday.

The report came just five minutes before local news broadcasts in the East and Midwest. ABC and NBC waited until the local news to break the story; in the West, NBC ran a "crawl" with the news at the bottom of the screen.

"An overly aggressive CBS News producer jumped the gun with a report that should have been offered to local stations for their late news," the network said in a statement. "We sincerely regret the error."

CBS News is just one screw-up after another lately.
rolleyes.gif

Chris Lockwood

Senior HTF Member
It's not just they interrupted the show, but almost like they were trying to see how much time they could take, with the 10 - 9 - 8 countdown, then the news, then they go into a bio of him. I almost thought I had switched to Nightline.

Couldn't they have run a ticker at the bottom of the screen or something?

Then the local news starts, & they had the story about 11:10. So if it wasn't even important enough to be the first story, it wasn't worth interrupting the show.

I heard that the HD feed was not interrupted.

Maybe this was a stunt to get people to tune in for the reairing and/or get publicity for the network.

Steve Meil

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Steve
I don't know about all of you, but this show doesn't even come close to CSI or CSI Miami. It seems to be missing something. I think they should have waited to do another spin-off. The cast is rather dull and the pace of the show seems slow. Now even Law & Order is beating it in the ratings. (the first time) Whats next a CSI show for every night of the week.

Roberto Carlo

Second Unit
quote:Everytime you think you have heard it all. Know I watch about a mental disorder that causes people to want to amputate body parts. Whats up with that???

There was a fairly long article about the disorder and "amputee wannabes" in the Atlantic Monthly about two years ago. If you go to their website you can probably find it. It is the quintessential mental illness of post-modernity, with its fixation on group identity and self-expression.

D

DAN NEIR

It was reported in the New York Daily News today that the producer who was responsible for cutting into the show has been fired.

Joseph S

Senior HTF Member
I didn't think they could do worse than Caruso. This show just doesn't have "it." :frowning:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks