What's new

CSI:Miami & NY crossover for sweeps.... (1 Viewer)

todd s

Senior HTF Member
On Monday Nov.7 the first part of a 2 part crossover between CSI:Miami & NY will air. In the first part Mac Taylor (Gary Sinise) will appear on CSI:Miami after chasing a fugitive from NY. Then on Wed Nov.8 Horatio (David Caruso) appears on CSI:NY to conclude the story.

Also, on the CSI:NY the Horatio side-story from the last few weeks comes up...

Meanwhile, while in NY to assist on a case, Horatio is served with a subpoena when the newly appointed DA names him a suspect in an old murder case.

I am still waiting for a big crossover sweeps story. That involves all three shows.

Alf S

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alfer
The NY show must be desperate...it's by far the WORST of the 3 IMO.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
I'm waiting for a Vegas/New York story. Miami is the least interesting of the shows for me, (well, except for Callie :)) and I'd much rather see a connection to the original series. Miami debuted as an episode of CSI, NY as an episode of Miami, so I'm not too thrilled to see a second Miami cross-over. I understand that Horatio is from NY (and of course that's a little in-joke WRT Caruso's former career), but since I find him less-than-compelling as a character, that isn't exactly a plus for me. Now if they were sending Callie to the Big Apple...

;)

Regards,

Joe

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino

"Desperate"? Wrong network. :)

Here's where the three CSI series fell in the most recent ratings:

1. CSI 28.3 million viewers

5. CSI:M 18.5 million viewers

13. CSI:NY 15.2 million viewers

So the new show, in its sophomore season, barely trails show number two - which is being left in the dust by the original. The gap between NY and Miami is 3.3 million viewers or 21%, that between Miami and CSI is 9.8 million or 59%.

Ratings are only a measure of popularity, of course, not quality. But NY is solidly in the Top 20 at the start of its second year, and is still building an audience. Miami is in its fourth and seems to have peaked - albeit at a very respectable top ten position. But given the numbers it is hard to see how anyone can call NY "desperate" or in need of some kind of stunt to goose the ratings.

Regards,

Joe

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks