CSI: Miami 9/29/03

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Patrick Sun, Sep 30, 2003.

1. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

Episode 2.2

Hey, how about Mrs. Pete Sampras hitting on Horatio? My incredulity was stretched by that.

Michael Rooker is good at playing such a creepo bad guy.

Is it going to be a motif that these CSIs get all misty-eyed when they have to send a suspect to the slammer? Eric's acting was not too good at the end.

But I did like how they resolved everything, even when Horatio didn't have much to nail the guy with, karma came around swinging hard.

2. Ivan Lindenfeld

Ivan Lindenfeld Second Unit

I have to admit, I liked this episode. I am not the one in the house that has to watch CSI:M every week, my wife is. But the setting was so interesting to me and with lots of screen time from Sonia Milos, it was a good yarn. They sure spent some money on the dive sequences, too. High productions values are a good thing, and were one of my complaints from season one.

I am definitely in the camp of "don't like David Caruso" but I am not passionate in that dislike. I just feel like he has played this character over and over again. Oooh, he won't tell he brother's ex wife and friend anyting personal, oooh, that's so surpising. [​IMG] But the supporting cast is solid.

I missed the Season Premiere, so some of this may seem "premierish" but zoinks! Emily Proctor double zoinks! Brave of her and her pores to go on TV with that little amount of makeup. Shoulder? I could nurse that shoulder! [​IMG] Ok, I'll stop panting.

Definite B+ episode for me. The only thing that takes away from it is the ease of guessing the mystery.

3. MikeFR

MikeFR Supporting Actor

Missed the premiere but this episode was pretty solid. The Caruso Smug Factor(CSF) was lower than usual so maybe that had something to do with it. Or maybe its just Emily Proctor [​IMG]

4. Ken Chan

Ken Chan Producer

Hey, I noticed that the credits spelled her last name with "er", not "or" as listed in IMDb [​IMG]

//Ken

5. Don Black

Don Black Screenwriter

I hate the CSI-way of introducing personal character traits but never going anywhere with them. E.g., Emily Procter's character's relationship with the other detective. Or on CSI, Gorga's character being a loner. It just seems like pointless plot lines.

6. Lew Crippen

Lew Crippen Executive Producer

This one convinced my wife and me to free up an hour of time every week. I thought a very poor episode—another case of everything revolving around the lead and why does the local law enforcement employ anyone other than him.

It is probably not fair to blame Caruso for this failing, as I’m sure that it is at the direction of the show’s producers, but it just gets less and less realistic as time goes by, the writers are not giving much to anyone else and Caruso mostly broods when he is not being morally superior (which to be sure is most of the time).

7. MikeFR

MikeFR Supporting Actor

8. Lew Crippen

Lew Crippen Executive Producer