CSI: Miami - 11/18

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Paul McElligott, Nov 19, 2002.

1. Paul McElligott

Paul McElligott Cinematographer

Paul McElligott
    1. It's clear that Emily Proctor is being showcased while Kim Delaney has already started to be moved aside. Delaney's character was barely in this episode.

2. Given recent events, the "sniper on the loose" storyline might be considered to be in poor taste. However, I think that this episode had to have been shot long before the D.C.-area killings.

3. One minor flub in the episode. Caruso's character says Gilley suits are used for camouflage in the desert. They're used for camo in almost any environment.

2. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Studio Mogul

This a step in the right direction. I can't wait for Proctor to get more face-time on the show once Delaney has hit the highway.

If only they'd get rid of Caruso's smug look everytime he collars a bad guy. Learn some humility, Horatio!

3. GordonL

GordonL Supporting Actor

It's been reported that Kim Delaney is leaving the show.
    http://tv.zap2it.com/news/tvnewsdaily.html?28822
    Sounds like there was some friction between Delaney and Caruso.

4. Paul McElligott

Paul McElligott Cinematographer

Paul McElligott
    Kim Delaney is leaving/has left the show. Her last episode airs very soon. As I pointed out, this episode was clearly the beginning of the process of giving Emily Proctor more visibility (as I think it should have been from the start) and pushing Kim Delaney out the door.

5. Dave Scarpa

Dave Scarpa Producer

David Scarpa
    Well since Proctor was originally one of the leads it's about time. It was only the suits being unsure of her that they wanted a sure thing. Maybe it was Delany's recent spout of getting arrested Driving DWI that had things in a tizzy. I Like Caruso but CSI Miami leaves me kinda cold I've stopped watching it the past few weeks. I'll tuneback in to see if I like it more Post Delaney

6. Ken Chan

Ken Chan Producer

While Procter does have second billing and she's really the only reason I watch the show, this particular episode was about a sniper, so I'd expect Bullet Girl to play a bigger role. I don't know if it would be quite so obvious in every episode.

//Ken

7. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Studio Mogul

I didn't think Bullet Girl looks all that comfortable shooting the rifle on the range. [​IMG]