CSI: Miami 10/13/03

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Patrick Sun, Oct 14, 2003.

1. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Studio Mogul

Hey, finally a CSI: Miami episode where they are going through the 'glades looking for body parts. That was pretty gruesome stuff (chomped on body parts) on display. Delco gets to do more legwork (sorry, couldn't resist), while Horatio just keeps on delivering the smugness.

2. todd s

todd s Lead Actor

I do have a tv flub from this episode. At the beginning when they show the missing posters for the girl. It shows her birthdate as 1987. Making her 16. Later in the episode we find out that the parents were telling her and the police she was 14. But, apparently they had to know if they put the correct b-date on the poster.
    This is what happens when you take a film class that had a section discussing film flubs and continuity. You notice everything. [​IMG]

3. Ivan Lindenfeld

Ivan Lindenfeld Second Unit

What a croc! [​IMG]

I liked this episode. I wish they let Jeff Corwin ham it up a little more, like he is on his own show.

There were some good creepy "bad guys" in this one and some good Grissom moments of intuition and humor from Horatio.

They also mixed in some social relevance, although I had a hard time buying that personally. If they preached unfairness against Hispanics in Central Florida then I would have bought it more than in Dade County. I don't think there is a place in the east side of the country that has more successful Latinos (in business and politics.) There are Latinos in power at every level down there.

The little girl hiding in the dryer was very real. I can imagine a 5 year old would go there if it were closer than the parent's bedroom.

4. Nelson Au

Nelson Au Executive Producer

Not sure the above mentioned flub is a flub. The parents admit that the girl is 16 later on. They lied about the age to get the girl into tennis tournaments, IIRC.

Regarding the preaching, there is a recent case in the news in the SF Bay Area where they talk about how an hispanic girl and her baby went missing and found in the Bay and there was no news coverage and the police didn't move on it. It was brought to light when it was noticed how much publicicty the Lacie Peterson case got, with very similar circumstances. The rub was the Petersons were good looking white people, so they got the coverage and police and FBI attention.

Nelson

5. Chris Atkins

Chris Atkins Producer

Pretty good episode. My wife and I are still trying to figure out why Horatio didn't arrest the perp when he visited him at the tennis court. I thought they found evidence in the croc linking him to both abductions?

6. Garrett Adams

Garrett Adams Supporting Actor

I was truly amazed when a shoe and and half-ankle managed to pass through a PVC tube that was too narrow to accommodate them.

7. Steve_Pannell

Steve_Pannell Supporting Actor

Steve

8. todd s

todd s Lead Actor

I forgot one other thing I liked about the episode...Virginia Madsen. [​IMG]