What's new

CSI: Miami - 1/6/03 (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
You'll pardon me as I've become a HDTV aficianado, and finally was able to tune in CBS (after fiddling with my antenna for a while) and watch CSI: Miami tonight in HD. Even with the orangish palette to the outdoor shots, HD does serve this show very well, and Emily Proctor looks rather nice in HD.

The 2 cases were actually pretty good, on the same level as the CSI: Las Vegas cases. I think D.B. Woodside is getting spread way too thin, he seems to be everywhere guest-starring on many different shows (his semi-steady role is on Buffy as the new Principal).

Jay W

Supporting Actor
Strangely enough I just got in on the HD bug tonight as well. Picked up a Samsung SIR-151 + Zenith Silver Sensor indoor antenna and was able to pull in CBS/NBC and FOX without trouble (ABC still breaks up, probably need to look into a better antenna, I will try the one you recommended in the other thread).
CSi was breaktaking, I was impressed with the CBS primetime shows but this blew me away. Very pleased with it so far.
Sorry to go off-track a bit but just commenting on how impressive the CSi HD feed was :)

Lee L

Supporting Actor
One thing that I always notice is that in the intro, when the bars move across the screen, how sharply defined the edges are. It is really amazing.
If the writing were that sharp...well, all that has been covered.

Y'all just wait until Thursday and the opening shot of the orignal CSI. It is almost always a jaw-dropper.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Jehan, welcome to the HDTV revolution! Just give someone a taste, and they'll be hooked!

I still have no idea who the 2 other male characters' names are on the show, that's pretty bad, huh?

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
In the intro, the text floating in the background that turns into the actor's names is also quite detailed in HD.

//Ken

Jay W

Supporting Actor
Me too Pat!, I had no idea who most of the characters were on these shows but I've been glued to the screen because of the HD :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks