CSI: Miami 1/5/04

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Patrick Sun, Jan 6, 2004.

1. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

CSI meets Nip/Tuck.

Overally, I actually liked some of the inter-office politics and procedural stuff behind the scenes, rather than Horatio's (yet again) blustery interrogation techniques.

Every Tuesday morning, the Sports Radio guys (AM790 in Atlanta) will review David Caruso's over-acting (just by his dialogue delivery), and it's very funny in retrospect because his acting is so blatantly over the top it has become a parody.

2. DougKuhn

DougKuhn Stunt Coordinator

He is a little over the top almost goofy...but for some odd reason I still like his character. Maybe because I get a kick out of his cheesy role. I don't know. But he is always providing a good laugh.[​IMG]

3. Eric Samonte

Eric Samonte Screenwriter

It is quite a turn off. Well, maybe the writers needed something that would "define" Caruso's character.
    On a different note, do CSI people do interrogations or do the actual detectives on the case do this?

4. MikeFR

MikeFR Supporting Actor

I actually find Caruso amusing now. At first it was a little anoying but now I just laugh at it.

5. Ken Chan

Ken Chan Producer

I dunno, I may stop watching the show. The cases aren't particularly interesting, and the people are these odd ciphers. I like NCIS better, and it fills my CBS-procedural-with-forensics quota.

//Ken

6. Alex Morrow

Alex Morrow Stunt Coordinator

I really like CSI:Miami and have been watching it constantly since the second season when I got HD in my house. It looks the best out of any show so it ended up being a must see show because of it's quality. Now I watch it because I enjoy the show. He definately is over-the-top in terms of his acting but I like it. Though I still laugh whenever people call him Horatio on the show because I just look at his red hair and wonder how he ended up with that name.

7. todd s

todd s Lead Actor

How can you go wrong with Emily Proctor [​IMG]

8. Ken Chan

Ken Chan Producer

Emily is the only reason I've ever watched, but they don't give her enough to do.

//Ken

9. David_Jr

David_Jr Supporting Actor

Dave

Detectives do the interrogations; however, Horatio is a Lieutenant with the Miami Police. Contrast the original CSI where the detective has a bit role and the techs do the interrogations. I doubt this is the "real life" procedure even in a place like Las Vegas. This is the reason most people I know in the police profession don't like these shows - they are so far from reality. Most of the lab stuff can be done, however a lot of it is exagerated. This is a real consideration for real life prosecutors who must deal with the CSI factor when presenting a criminal case to a jury. A lot of jury members are tempted to ask, "Why didn't the police do this or that? I saw it done on CSI." and might subsequently discredit the case or question it.