What's new

CSI: Las Vegas Season 7 thread (1 Viewer)

Scott Dautel

Second Unit
Just watched ep 7.2 carefully. Grissoms discovery behind the miniature picture was a photo of 1/2 the face of a blue-eyed, Barbie doll. On the forehead of the doll appeared to be a blood smudge. I thinkthis was on the doll, not blood on the mini-photo, but very hard to be sure.
It was strange that there was no "to be continued" or any indication that this story line would go on.

I did not see every ep of season 6 ... When did Grissom & Sara start things up?

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino

We don't know. :) That they had started things up was revealed in the very last scene of the last episode, when we discover Grissom sitting on a bed in PJs or a robe or something, musing about the best kind of death to someone off-camera. Then we cut to Sara coming out of the bathroom in a robe and she sits down and says that she isn't ready to check out yet. From the decor I'm guessing it was Sara's place, not Grissom's, but I could be wrong.

The producers haven't given us any idea when this actually started though. My impression was that the last episode of last season was not the first time, and I think Billy P. confirmed that in a TV interview. The only thing we know for sure is that it started sometime between "Butterflied" in season 4 and the last episode of season 6. ("Butterflied" is the one where Grissom obsesses over the murder of a young woman who looks almost exactly like Sara. At the end of the episode he interrogates the woman's lover - who Grissom is certain killed her - but he can't prove it and he can't get the guy to confess. The man is a doctor, a scientist like Grissom, and around the same age. Grissom gives a little soliloquy about men like the two of them, and how a beautiful young woman can come into their lives and offer them a fresh start. Grissom says that the killer took the chance that he couldn't. Then the camera pulls back to reveal Sara watching and listening from behind the two-way mirror.

So clearly at that point their realtionship hadn't started. But it may have been the first time that Sara knew how much Grissom wanted it, and that his rejections were a matter of resisting temptation, rather than not feeling it. "Butterflied" was episode 412, almost the exact half-way point in the 23 episode 4th season. So the relationship could have become sexual anytime after that. (When he took her home following her DUI arrest? When she was nearly killed at the insane aslyum? You tell me.)

Regards,

Joe

Marianne

Supporting Actor
This season's first 2 episodes had Sara and Grissom working crime scenes together. Someone might get suspicious that something is going on if they keep teaming up.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Last night's CSI, while was good with the break from the traditional story telling methodology that's CSI's, felt like a MASH episode like they did to tell the story from another point of view. Sometimes it's good to shake things up with an odd ball episode.

On a side note, and no disrespect meant, but having HDTV really shows all the lines on the actresses faces. I noticed it more on Marg Helgenberger.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino

Marg has a face? ;) Why does no one tell me these things?

(Actually she has quite a lovely face, fine lines and all.)

Joe

James_Kiang

Screenwriter
I remember a few years back there were stories going around that William Petersen was somewha tunhappy on the show. There may have been a quote - though I can't recall if it was a driect one - stating that he would fulfill his seven year contract and then leave. Anyone remember this? Any word if he has since signed any extension?

If it is the case that he did not sign an extension, do you think they would kill him (well, his character I mean :)) off at the end of the season? I could see that being the point at which Grissom's relationship with Sara is revealed.

Nick Martin

Senior HTF Member
Petersen will exit the show for about 3 episodes this season - because he wanted to do a stage performance in Providence at the time of filming those episodes, which will air in January.

According to the CSIfiles website, the production is called "A Dublin Carol", and a guest star will fill in until he returns.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
They won't even start negotiating for the 7th season until they're close to the end of this one, the series has officially been picked up for another year, and the network has had a chance to look at ratings, demos and the "Q" ratings of the various players. I remember reading that Petersen was annoyed with all the spin-offs, feeling they dilluted the "brand", but it should be clear by now that each show stands on its own and that people haven't stopped watching the original because they either love or hate the other "sibling". (Personally I think CSI: NY is OK and that CSI: Miami is the weakest link. I sometimes watch if there's nothing else on or if the promo looks interesting. I never miss Las Vegas if I can help it.)

Regards,

Joe

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino

That seems odd. They have a large ensemble cast and several characters who have run shifts in Grissom's absence before. If they send him off on vacation or to a conference for a few days there's no need to bring in an outsider to replace him. Maybe they're looking to do some stunt casting to goose the ratings, or to pervent the ratings from dipping in his absence. (Which I doubt they'd do, but I don't run CBS.)

Regards,

Joe

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino

I think they may have tried this already, and it didn't fly.

The episode "Hollywood Brass" (where Brass and eventually Warrick end up looking for Ellie Brass in L.A.) always felt like a backdoor pilot to me - a first look at maybe builidng a series around a character (or two) from the original instead of just adapting the format to a new locale. Could have been interesting.

Regards,

Joe

Nick Martin

Senior HTF Member
Cool. Perhaps he could rally the cast into an impromptu rendition of the theme song.

Speaking of the theme song, I don't know if anyone ever noticed, and if anyone has I doubt anyone cares but I'll mention it anyway:

For this show, the theme is actually in discrete 5.1, but both the Miami and NY themes are in that 'pro logic' faux 5.1. I wonder why they went to the effort of remixing one but not the other two - including the end credits...Just something I picked up on.

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
I felt this last episode was oddly placed in the mix. I mean they have this continuing story arc that doesn't really get resolved, Sam is killed and they make little mention of it, nothing is mentioned about what Grissom finds on the back of the picture and a lot of things are just left up in the air. It almost felt like they just needed to piece something together quickly to get it on the air.

Joe-Frietze

Stunt Coordinator
I seem to recall Petersen making noises that he wouldn't come back after the *fifth* season, but then they moved the focus away from Grissom all the time and onto the other characters - splitting up the teams and the like, and he hasn't left. I always felt it wold be played out for him after seven. We'll see.
(As for spinoffs, NY was not the way to go, too many shows in NY already. Should have been another quirky town like New Orleans.)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation636
Recent bookmarks