CSI:Crime Scene Investigation:Season One:Part 1(Canadian Exclusive)postponed til 2003

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Johnny G, Sep 11, 2002.

1. Johnny G

Johnny G Supporting Actor

Just thought anyone with this on order might wanna know why it hasn't shipped yet.

2. todd s

todd s Lead Actor

I just spoke to a rep from Alliance Canada. She said the set was delayed until October 1.

3. David Brent

David Brent Stunt Coordinator

Fingers crossed that it IS postponed until 2003, and that this move is to allow changes to be made.

At the moment the set looks likely to be identical to the UK release, which isn't in anamorphic widescreen, and doesn't feature The Who's "Who Are You?" title music.

David

4. Jodee

Jodee Screenwriter

In the interim, starting next Monday night, TNN will begin airing CSI re-runs. The pilot episode is playing on Monday night at 11:05.

5. Chris Dugger

Chris Dugger Supporting Actor

CRIKEY....

I guess the content of the show ain't enough....

Considering that this show is shot 1.85:1, I can't believe that the missing information is overall important.

As for the missing theme music... okay, it bothers me a little... But,I love this show for the good acting, the well written scripts and the overall cinematography. Because we are talkin 30 seconds of music, I don't see it as an issue...

In fact, if the syndication showings of this show did NOT have the "Who are you" theme, I can't imagine it would effect the ratings.

I have the region 2 and look forward to the October release of the second half of the season.

Chris

6. todd s

todd s Lead Actor

If TNN does what they do for all of their other shows. I will be avoiding it. That horrible black bar that squishes the picture and stays up the entire time the show is on. [​IMG]

7. RichardMA

RichardMA Second Unit

TNN as it's configured is aiming at a lower end audience. They've as much as admitted this. CSI might be a little above the head of the average viewer who doesn't mind the black bar and can't tell the humans heads are all flattened because they look like theirs. [​IMG]
    Seriously, if enough people complained to TNN, they might
    do something about this nonsense. I sent them an email
    ages ago regarding this, but of course got no response.
    Only numbers made a difference.

8. Scott_J

Scott_J Cinematographer

It's weird that it doesn't have the Who theme because Paramount just released a promo DVD for CBS' upcoming fall schedule that's available at Blockbuster, and from what I have heard, it contains the music video for that song, so you would think if Paramount could get the rights to the video, Alliance could get the rights to the theme.

9. Rob T

Rob T Screenwriter

Maybe they'll have the full season in anamorphic widescreen. One can only hope. [​IMG]

10. Jodee

Jodee Screenwriter

11. todd s

todd s Lead Actor

Paramount does own the US rights for this show.