What's new

CSI complete season 1 and Star Trek:DS9 season 2 dates... (1 Viewer)

todd s

Senior HTF Member
According to www.dvdfile.com the complete first season of CSI will be released March 25. And the Star Trek: DS9 season 2 will be released April 1st.
ps-And for those wondering if the "Who Are You?" song will be in the intro? I am sure it will be since the video for the song is an extra.

Daniel Kikin

Screenwriter
Wow, 3/25 - 4/22 is going to be another great TV on DVD stretch with CSI, DS9, Family Guy, Farscape, Friends and Futurama among others. Feels like the beginning of November again! :)

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I wonder if CSI will be in Widescreen?? No other release of the show(ie-Canadian or R2 version) has been widescreen.

Tony Whalen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony Whalen
Todd... unless I'm mistaken, I don't think the first season of CSI was shot in widescreen. Hence the reason the other releases haven't been. Seasons AFTER the first were however.

I seem to recall reading this somewhere when I bought the Canadian "Early Episodes" set. (Argh...)

Can anyone confirm or deny this??

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Tony,
You may be right. I posted a question for Parmount/Martin in the Studio feedback section. Hopefully, he will answer it.
And I feel your pain. I also bought the Canadian 1/2 season release. :frowning:

Joseph S

Senior HTF Member
Todd... unless I'm mistaken, I don't think the first season of CSI was shot in widescreen. Hence the reason the other releases haven't been.
The 1st season was shown in WS HDTV. If the DVDs aren't WS as the UK release /td>'t, I'm not buying. It's that simple.

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
I too beleive that CSI season 1 was shown in HDTV Widescreen. No reason to buy a 4:3 version here. I'll just miss out.

Stephen_Opipari

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Stephen
CSI season one was definately in Widescreen and HD. I should know, since I watched it that way for 3/4 of the first season. :)
I think there might be one non WS episode, the pilot. Everytime that one has repeated, it's only been in 4:3. When it originally ran, I didn't have HD yet either. All other S1 shows repeat on CBS HD in 16:9.

Tony Whalen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony Whalen
I stand corrected then. :D Whatever it's OAR may be... I hope that's how it gets released.
Now the magic question for me is... does anyone know if we are getting this set in Canada? (Crossing my fingers) Or is A/A going to give us "The LATER Episodes" of season one? :angry:

Aaron B

Auditioning
Oh come on now guys! Not to sound cynical here, but do you really think that they're going to give us animorphic CSI? I laugh at anyone who even thinks this. If they do, I will personally get on here and apologize to everyone at Paramount, and recognize they're greatness.

Aaron B.

Rob T

Screenwriter
Now the magic question for me is... does anyone know if we are getting this set in Canada?
I asked Gord about this awhile back and after he got word back from Alliance Atlantis he sent out a newsletter for it saying that it won't happen up here. :frowning:
So I got to figure out if it'll be cheaper to buy the 2 Canadian sets at once or the US set.

David Brent

Stunt Coordinator
Posted on the UK DVD Forums in late November...

"
I've just been on the phone to Momentum, raising the question about the lack of a widescreen release for CSI on DVD.

They reported that CSI's second season is due for a UK release in February, and that it will be presented in its widescreen format!

However, Momentum insist that widescreen versions of the first season episodes don't exist, and that it's never been broadcast that way, claiming to have looked into the possibility.

This is despite numerous verifications from American viewers that the first season was broadcast in widescreen on HD-TV, and that widescreen versions of the episode are circulating on the net.

Momentum reports that the domestic US release of S1 used their masters, so it looks like S2 will also be widescreen in America.

Desk
"

Stephen_Opipari

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Stephen
Well, I guess I'll have to pass on CSI season 1. No OAR, no Sale. I refuse to pay for the show in 4:3 480p, when I can watch repeats from season 1 when they air in 16:9 1080i.

ScottJH

Screenwriter
Real Name
Scott
DVDFile is also reporting that CSI will be 4:3 full screen with 2.0 stereo sound. That stinks.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks