Csi 3/11/04

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Patrick Sun, Mar 12, 2004.

1. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Studio Mogul

Nice gruesome recreation of the death to open the show as a female prison inmate appears to have snuck herself under a bus, only to have her body get all mangled when it hits the road in transit and gets caught at a bad angle and rips apart. The resolution of that case was pretty far out.

The other case with the guy with a gambling problem and a brother who needs constant supervision/guardianship wasn't all that interesting.

2. Brajesh Upadhyay

Brajesh Upadhyay Supporting Actor

I've been a little disappointed with 'CSI' this season. Episodes seem medicore & pretty forgettable.

3. chuck_b

chuck_b Supporting Actor

Definitely over the top on the gruesome scale tonight. Thought for a minute it was that HBO autopsy show with ME Michael Baden. That god FCC is only cramping down on sex, becuase this show would be marked.

4. Jordan_E

Jordan_E Cinematographer

Doesn't it seem lately that CSI has been pushing the "since-your-brother-committed-suicide-you-won't-get-the-insurance" type of storylines a little too much? I remember a similar scenerio with the guy who shot himself, hoping to make it look like a hunting accident. I'm starting to get a little *meh* about it than every before.

5. chuck_b

chuck_b Supporting Actor

Jordan,

Was thinking the same thing....maybe William Peterson is taking a back seat on pushing the show along and cruising since he has voiced displeasure at the cloning of the series and there was talk of his departure. At least his ME doesn't stroke and talk to the cadavers.

** also your sig: best concert DVD ever - Roger Waters "In the Flesh"

6. Jon_Gregory

Jon_Gregory Stunt Coordinator

I too have been disappointed with CSI this season. It just seems like all of the episodes just don't have the watchability that they used to. I find myself wanting to change the channel to something more interesting. It seems that the show can not keep my attention like it used to. I used to hate when a commercial came on during the show and looked forward to the next episode. Now I just find myself watching it for the purpose of hoping to see a good episode.

7. MikeFR

MikeFR Supporting Actor

Pretty decent episode.

It had the all time best line of dialogue "Urine Urout". [​IMG]

On a related note Without A Trace was excellent again, and has now overtaken CSI IMO.

8. Rob T

Rob T Screenwriter

Once they've "cleaned up" radio, they'll come after TV in a big way and this show will definitely be on their list. [​IMG]

9. Mikel_Cooperman

Mikel_Cooperman Producer

Mikey
    For those that are dissapointed with the show this season think that there are two other CSI shows are taking storylines from this show and limiting storyline possibilities not to mention the longevity of it's run over all.

10. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Studio Mogul

Hasn't affected all those Law & Order shows and spin-offs...

11. TheLongshot

TheLongshot Producer

That's because the spin-offs are very different shows from the original. Both of the spinoffs focus more on the investigations and depend more on the characters than L&O does.

From what I can see, CSI: Miami is basically the same show set in a different city with different characters.

Jason