Csi 1/15/04

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Patrick Sun, Jan 15, 2004.

1. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

A rather disturbing episode that has Grissom reflecting over his own missteps with Sarah as he and the crew have to investigate a nurse's death and the slice-n-dice job on her boyfriend.

The killer was telegraphed way too early in the episode.

What will Grissom do after going through this case? Did the killer pull off the perfect crime?

2. Jordan_E

Jordan_E Cinematographer

I thought Grissom's speech at the end toward the killer was very well written for his character.

Yes, it fell under the 'show-an-unknown-character-too-often' syndrome CSI uses a little too many times.

3. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

This is another one of those episodes that feels like the "Will Graham" characters that Petersen played in "Manhunter".

4. Ross Waite

Ross Waite Stunt Coordinator

Just a thought...

Would it make sense to take the whodunnit out of the episode by somewhat revealing the culprit in order to focus attention on Grissom and his inner turmoil?

I'm certainly not a director, but I felt as though this episode was more of a character piece.

IMO, it was a good ep.

-Ross

5. ChadM

ChadM Stunt Coordinator

Ditto what Ross said. Good acting from Peterson during the speech.

6. MarcS

MarcS Stunt Coordinator

But what about their techniques? Seems to be getting worse technically, although I suppose some dramatic/creative license is necessary.

But what about Sarah being under the house, removing the drain trap, and then looking up into it without any goggles or eye shield? And in the lab, pouring the drain contents into the filter, again no protective gear...

7. Mikel_Cooperman

Mikel_Cooperman Producer

Mikey
    Ive missed a few episodes this season. What happen, if anything, with Sarah and Grissoms relationship.

I did enjoy the speech at the end though.