What's new

Crystal Ball Time! (1 Viewer)

ToddR2

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Todd Rutherford
The CBS owned shows that I'd be interested in which also fit all of Neil's criteria are For the People (likely), or Breaking Point (not likely). The Young Lawyers is the least awful of the 1970-71 season's "relevancy" dramas, but it's still pretty bad. I'd gladly buy The New Breed, but I don't know if a cop show fits the relevant category (Naked City excepted). I'd also gladly buy The Trials of O'Brien, but it's an MGM owned show.

Joe Lugoff

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe
John K. is spot on....I for one love it when Gary or Neil have some news about a possible upcoming release. Part of the fun is trying to guess what it could be.

I don't come here for fun. I come here for information.

If you're not supposed to say anything, then you shouldn't say *anything*.

This is like someone telling me not to tell anyone he's in Chicago, and I say, "I can't tell you where he is, but it's a big city in Illinois on Lake Michigan".

I hope these mysterious sources catch on to the game being played here.

Darby67

Screenwriter
Real Name
Sean

This is like someone telling me not to tell anyone he's in Chicago, and I say, "I can't tell you where he is, but it's a big city in Illinois on Lake Michigan".

I hope these mysterious sources catch on to the game being played here.

But respect the fact that some people come here for fun AND for information and there is nothing wrong with that.

I concur with Frank that it depends on how one interprets the hints. For me, as a person who has shared hints in the past, I don't see the harm in it and actually enjoy when other HTFers share what they know even if it is cryptic. I don't share hints often and I certainly don't do it for bragging rights; if I come across some information from a reliable source that I think is helpful to my fellow HTF members then I'll share what I can when I can and I don't think there is anything wrong with protecting the identity of the source. If you enjoy the hint or find it helpful, than I'm pleased; if not, then ignore it.

FanCollector

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
The CBS owned shows that I'd be interested in which also fit all of Neil's criteria are For the People (likely), or Breaking Point (not likely). The Young Lawyers is the least awful of the 1970-71 season's "relevancy" dramas, but it's still pretty bad. I'd gladly buy The New Breed, but I don't know if a cop show fits the relevant category (Naked City excepted). I'd also gladly buy The Trials of O'Brien, but it's an MGM owned show.

John's comment (based on, I assume, a similar inside source) indicated that the series in question didn't air on CBS. If that's true, then For the People wouldn't fit. Breaking Point is possible, although it would be kind of a cruel joke on the Ben Casey fans.

Joe Lugoff

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe
If I told someone something in confidence, then found out he was going online giving "hints" about it, believe me, I'd never tell him anything again. It's odd that this behavior is being defended. But, it's ok ... there are much worse things going on now in this nutty world.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
If I told someone something in confidence, then found out he was going online giving "hints" about it, believe me, I'd never tell him anything again.
We don't know the arrangement though. If a person is 'sworn to secrecy' then I agree that they shouldn't say anything at all but if they have an understanding that it's cool to hint around as long as they don't tell specifics then I see nothing wrong with them giving hints to people.

Joe Lugoff

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe
I can't seem to stop beating this dead horse. I guess there's something wrong with me -- another thing with which I'm sure you all agree.

But -- if he hadn't been told not to tell, he'd tell. The fact that we get hints strongly suggests he was told not to tell. I can't imagine anyone saying, "But it's ok to give hints, as long as the hints aren't too obvious." Did a long discussion of the correct level of hinting follow?

I'm sticking with my theory that the psychological motivation is the same as a kid on the playground taunting, "I know something you don't know! I'm great, and you're not!" Yeah, and my dad can beat up your dad and your mother wears army boots.

The strangest thing about all of this is that I literally couldn't care less what the show is! I just don't like that "I'm special and you're not" stuff, especially when I know that I'm the special one, and he's not! Because, man, if you all knew what I know that you don't know -- you wouldn't believe it!

tvgreats

Agent
Real Name
Jeff
Good for you.....heres a newsflash for you: Your not the only one reading these forums. Many people DO like and enjoy speculating and guessing what the possible upcoming release could be. Like someone else said, no one is forcing you to click on the topic. Pretty simple!!!

Frank Soyke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Frank
My suggestion to you is if you don't like his posts or perceived motives, PM the guy and you two can fight it out between yourselves and argue about it for the next decade..... Personally I don't care what the guys motives are, if his self esteem is so low he has to get ego strokes from a TV message board, then he has bigger problems than what you think of him....
Regardless of motives, we are still getting the info..... Which is what I'M here for

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten

You don't get to decide what other contributions others put on a board. As long as nobody else is being hurt it's fair game for people to be mysterious.

Look, I don't follow the TV discussions as closely as I probably should but every time I do come in here there is random egotistical drama. I don't care who started what, move on or I'll start randomly giving 2 week vacations.

JayHink

Second Unit
Real Name
Jason
You don't get to decide what other contributions others put on a board. As long as nobody else is being hurt it's fair game for people to be mysterious.

Look, I don't follow the TV discussions as closely as I probably should but every time I do come in here there is random egotistical drama. I don't care who started what, move on or I'll start randomly giving 2 week vacations.
I saw this post coming through my crystal ball. [emoji4]

On topic again, I enjoy reading everyone's guesses on what it might be. As an 80s kid, there are many here more qualified than I to give guesses.

The past several years I've really enjoyed picking up these pre-1980s pieces of history, which are all new viewing for me.

Flashgear

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Randall
In honor of Neil Brock who first brought us word about the forthcoming Coronet Blue...it's been announced by the Great Kino Lorber!
Coming Soon on DVD!
Coronet Blue (1967) (The Complete Series)
Created by Larry Cohen – Starring Frank Converse & Joe Silver

In this espionage thriller, Michael Alden (Frank Converse) is an amnesiac double agent in search of his true identity, while assassins of a mysterious syndicate are trying to locate and kill him.

Guest stars in the 13 episodes include: Alan Alda, Candice Bergen, David Carradine, Dick Clark, Denholm Elliott, Vincent Gardenia, Signe Hasso, Hal Holbrook, Sally Kellerman, Janet Margolin, Chester Morris, Juliet Mills, Patrick O’Neal, Mitchell Ryan, Roy Scheider, Daniel J. Travanti, Brenda Vaccaro, John Vernon, Jon Voight and Billy Dee Williams

• Includes a brand new interview with show creator Larry Cohen

View attachment 37143

Ron1973

Beverly Hillbilles nut extraordinaire
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron Reagan (not that one!)
Anything new in the crystal ball for 60s material?
I'd love to have him tell us of a story about a man named Jed! Of course, it hasn't been a year since Constantly Being Stalled gave us remastered S1, so it's probably a bit soon to expect an announcement.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks