What's new

Crystal Ball Time! (1 Viewer)

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
Those last two words, written specifically by you, pretty much guarantees this will be a non-purchase for me. :P

Gary "good gosh I hope it's not East Side/West Side" O. :D

That one is controlled by MGM, so you're in the clear at least from ESWS.

jperez

Second Unit
Real Name
jorge perez
It didn't last a complete season -just 13 episodes- but then my guess would be William Shatner's For the People...

Guy Foulard

Second Unit
Real Name
Jason
It didn't last a complete season -just 13 episodes- but then my guess would be William Shatner's For the People...
...and owned by CBS/Paramount: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/For_the_People_(1965_TV_series)
...so that works. Fingers crossed! Wonder if it'll make it out before The Defenders?
0d3bd6671df6ef0bd07713902284d74c.jpg

Last edited:

Joe Lugoff

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe
You know, we're not supposed to get political here, and I'm getting a little tired of one contributor thinking we all need to know that he doesn't like shows that present a "relevant" (i.e., liberal) point of view.

We know. We know. We get it. Stop telling us about it already, and I won't tell you what I think of crap like "Touched by an Angel".

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
I gave "For The People" a look once (several episodes actually). Enough to tell me that an official release would be a waste of my money but more power to those who would love to get it. That is after all what "Freedom of choice" should really be about.

Joe Lugoff

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe
Yeah, exactly my point. 90% of TV shows make me vomit. So what? I don't feel the need to announce it to the world. I wouldn't respect anyone who cared about my opinion.

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
I don't think any active member of this forum has begrudged the existence of any release on DVD for those who want it. We will have our views on what we consider worth our time and money for whatever reason and its okay to express them reasonably so long as we don't consider it some kind of crime that there was a release (I can name only one person mostly inactive who did that). Probably the one time I argued against the wisdom of any kind of release was Timeless giving us a pointless *third* release of "I Spy" which had to do with wasted resources on a redundancy.

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
With respect, Gary, but I hope your hopes are dashed in this case. Fingers crossed that this means the George C. Scott/Cicely Tyson drama is finally going to be released.

(It would also help make up for my disappointment with the previous all-westerns crystal ball vision/announcement.) ;)

:D

Never a need to worry about offending me, Dave. If we can't all have some fun with one another every so often, then something's really wrong.

Gary "long live b/w western releases" O. ;)

Edit after initial posting: I composed this reply to Dave before ever even reading this fourth page and seeing the stink one poster raised about my teasing. And as everyone can see, I was needling Neil (we have a long history of that between us) more so than actually trying to push my opinion. Some folks really do need to chill out.

Last edited:

Joe Lugoff

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe
With no smiling icon or LOL, there's no way I can know if you're serious or not. But you do this in other threads, too, that is, let us know your political viewpoint. Like we care?

My real frustration involved how you get away with it, when it's obvious I'll be banned for saying what I said today.

Guy Foulard

Second Unit
Real Name
Jason
I'm excited about this release (if that's what it is) AND The Loner, which I've just pre-ordered. Viva quality dramas *and* quality westerns!

howard1908

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
howard hughes
i am going to go out on a limb but the only other shows i can think of that fit that discripton are, trials of o'brien with peter falk or the reporter with harry gaurdino and gary merrill, either one wpuld be a welcome edition to thiz small classic tv renissance we are expreiencing.

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
"Trials of O'Brien" I would get since I found the few episodes I've seen of that fascinating. (If that made it, we'd still need the release of the movie "Penelope" to see a bigger Falk tune-up for "Columbo"). I was always surprised they never had Joanna Barnes as a guest killer on "Columbo" given their association on "Trials".

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks