What's new

Crystal Ball time once again! (1 Viewer)

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
That was quick. Yes, that's the word I'm hearing. Not sure who is doing it. Its not a bad show, nor a very good one. I watched it when it was on and it was just okay. Neither fish nor fowl. Very vanilla show and I remember how everyone always wondered why the youngest son had a British accent. They never explained that one.

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
I'm not familiar with that show at all. The title makes me think the making of cough drops is part of the story!

Ian K McLachlan

Second Unit
Real Name
Ian Kenneth McLachlan
I am delighted to hear about this release as I very much enjoyed watching it at the time of its original transmission.

phenri

Second Unit
Real Name
Paul
I remember watching this show when I was about eight years old, and I haven't seen it since. I'd love to revisit it again.

There was an episode when some thugs were trashing the high school after hours, the Ron Howard character was there for some reason, and the street toughs grabbed him and beat him up. That is the only scene I remember about this show.

Peter M Fitzgerald

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Fitzgerald
I always thought The Smith Family was basically designed as a rip-off of The Waltons, except with Jonathan Harris playing every role (via clever editing)...

Ron1973

Beverly Hillbilles nut extraordinaire
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron Reagan (not that one!)
It looks interesting from what I read about it, and I believe I'd be in for a purchase.

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member
Notice, he said "stalled." What as been stalled? Knots Landing? Beverly Hillbillies? Weird Science? My Two Dads?

--James

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
That eliminates some of my guesses as the long-stalled shows with future Emmy/Oscar winners are at Sony (and another at Warners caught in a rights/naming dispute).

EDIT: It is through a licensing deal, which answers my next question. If it's not The Beverly Hillbillies is it also from that era?

Last edited:

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Wait... are you serious, Gary? If so... Holy Cow!!! It ain't Green Hornet but it'll certainly do!! ;)

Sorry, I was going for positive affirmation stuff. Thought if I said it with enough confidence it would be so.

Gary "it's not Ben Casey is it? I already mentioned that so it must be something different" O.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
Beavis and Butthead unabridged and uncut ?

;)

Unfortunately, that's not gonna happen without the approval of Mike Judge and a metric ton of cash for music rights, assuming every artist who said yes back then is still on board for a theoretical release of this kind. Personally, I always liked the animated shorts better without the music videos which seemed to have no connection to the main story whatsoever, and I found it more satisfying to watch the compilations released on video than the show as it aired on MTV.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks