1. Visit this thread for your chance to win a selection of Lionsgate action films on UV!
    Dismiss Notice

Crutchfield

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by Patrick Ford, Nov 19, 2003.

1. Patrick Ford

Patrick Ford Auditioning

Does anyone have experience with ordering hardware from Crutchfield ?

2. Michael Reuben

Michael Reuben Studio Mogul

This doesn't belong in the Basics area. Try a search in the Retail Vendors forum, where this thread is being moved.

M.

3. LewB

LewB Screenwriter

You won't get a great price but you will get on time delivery with a return mail label all ready. I've ordered several car decks from them as well as a CD jukebox. I'm quite happy with them. The car stuff even shows up with a wiring harness and installation instructions for your car.

4. Ralph Summa

Ralph Summa Supporting Actor

I purchased some Polk speakers on clearance at Crutchfield a few weeks back and got a great deal on them. A week later they offered a free Polk Sub with a $499 Polk purchase. Although there is nothing on their site that speaks of guaranteed prices or previous purchases, I sent an email to ask if my previous purchases would qualify me for the free sub offer. A few hours later I received an email stating that my sub was shipping out that day.

They a have a cool referral program that can get you $20 for every friend who purchases with your code. I got $80 off my speakers which brought the price down to a more competitive level.

Ralph

5. Jeran Kuenzie

Crutchfield is far from the cheapest place to buy equipment, but I have never had a bad experience with them. They have excellent customer service and are quick to include extras like a wiring harness, installation kits (car audio), and lots of other useful information for free. Plus all of their stuff has the factory warranty.

6. JustinCleveland

JustinCleveland Cinematographer

Justin Cleveland
    Jeran,

I agree they are not the cheapest, per se, but I do appreciate their excellent customer service and product info. I've said it before, I don't mind paying more, if I feel I am getting what I'm paying for.

7. RolandM

RolandM Stunt Coordinator

8. Ralph Summa

Ralph Summa Supporting Actor

9. Nick T Robot

Nick T Robot Supporting Actor

I purchased a Sony ES reciever and a set of Polk Audio Home Theater speakers (pair of fronts and a center)

The Reciever was on sale at an excellent price (better that any B&M) and the service was excellent. They even gave me a free subsrciption to a Home Theater Magazine.

10. Kenneth Harden

Kenneth Harden Screenwriter

They are expensive (sales can be VERY good), but they take great care of you.

If you are worried about a piece of gear, get it from them, as they will make everything right.

Great for car audio.

11. Tony--C

Tony--C Auditioning

I'll chime in also with a positive Crutchfield note. Bought my last car CD receiver and speakers from them. The detailed instructions on how to dissect my CR-V dash for installation made the purchase more than worth it. Their closeouts can be very good deals.