What's new

Crutchfield (1 Viewer)

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
This doesn't belong in the Basics area. Try a search in the Retail Vendors forum, where this thread is being moved.

M.

LewB

Screenwriter
You won't get a great price but you will get on time delivery with a return mail label all ready. I've ordered several car decks from them as well as a CD jukebox. I'm quite happy with them. The car stuff even shows up with a wiring harness and installation instructions for your car.

Ralph Summa

Supporting Actor
I purchased some Polk speakers on clearance at Crutchfield a few weeks back and got a great deal on them. A week later they offered a free Polk Sub with a $499 Polk purchase. Although there is nothing on their site that speaks of guaranteed prices or previous purchases, I sent an email to ask if my previous purchases would qualify me for the free sub offer. A few hours later I received an email stating that my sub was shipping out that day.

They a have a cool referral program that can get you $20 for every friend who purchases with your code. I got $80 off my speakers which brought the price down to a more competitive level.

Ralph

Crutchfield is far from the cheapest place to buy equipment, but I have never had a bad experience with them. They have excellent customer service and are quick to include extras like a wiring harness, installation kits (car audio), and lots of other useful information for free. Plus all of their stuff has the factory warranty.

JustinCleveland

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Justin Cleveland
Jeran,

I agree they are not the cheapest, per se, but I do appreciate their excellent customer service and product info. I've said it before, I don't mind paying more, if I feel I am getting what I'm paying for.

RolandM

Stunt Coordinator
Although there is nothing on their site that speaks of guaranteed prices or previous purchases, I sent an email to ask if my previous purchases would qualify me for the free sub offer. A few hours later I received an email stating that my sub was shipping out that day.
Yeah with their returns policy they pretty much had no choice anyway! If they actually did say no you could probably just have returned the speakers (at their cost!) and then bought them again and got the free sub so I would guess it makes sense for them to save themselves the hassle and just ship you the sub!

But as others have said the prices aren't that low (unless it is on sale/clearance or open box) but the service is better than most places. I don't think I've ever heard anything negative about them myself...

Plus as Justin mentioned above, their product info online is second to none. A lot of eBay sellers usually rip-off Crutchfield info/pictures right from their website for their own sales because the info is so comprehensive and the pictures so detailed.

Ralph Summa

Supporting Actor
Yeah with their returns policy they pretty much had no choice anyway! If they actually did say no you could probably just have returned the speakers (at their cost!) and then bought them again and got the free sub so I would guess it makes sense for them to save themselves the hassle and just ship you the sub!
This is what I politely said in my email. It was a no-brainer for them.

Nick T Robot

Supporting Actor
I purchased a Sony ES reciever and a set of Polk Audio Home Theater speakers (pair of fronts and a center)

The Reciever was on sale at an excellent price (better that any B&M) and the service was excellent. They even gave me a free subsrciption to a Home Theater Magazine.

Kenneth Harden

Screenwriter
They are expensive (sales can be VERY good), but they take great care of you.

If you are worried about a piece of gear, get it from them, as they will make everything right.

Great for car audio.

Tony--C

Auditioning
I'll chime in also with a positive Crutchfield note. Bought my last car CD receiver and speakers from them. The detailed instructions on how to dissect my CR-V dash for installation made the purchase more than worth it. Their closeouts can be very good deals.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks