Crutchfield

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by Patrick Ford, Nov 19, 2003.

1. Patrick Ford

Patrick Ford Auditioning

Does anyone have experience with ordering hardware from Crutchfield ?

2. Michael Reuben

Michael Reuben Studio Mogul

This doesn't belong in the Basics area. Try a search in the Retail Vendors forum, where this thread is being moved.

M.

3. LewB

LewB Screenwriter

You won't get a great price but you will get on time delivery with a return mail label all ready. I've ordered several car decks from them as well as a CD jukebox. I'm quite happy with them. The car stuff even shows up with a wiring harness and installation instructions for your car.

4. Ralph Summa

Ralph Summa Supporting Actor

I purchased some Polk speakers on clearance at Crutchfield a few weeks back and got a great deal on them. A week later they offered a free Polk Sub with a $499 Polk purchase. Although there is nothing on their site that speaks of guaranteed prices or previous purchases, I sent an email to ask if my previous purchases would qualify me for the free sub offer. A few hours later I received an email stating that my sub was shipping out that day.

They a have a cool referral program that can get you $20 for every friend who purchases with your code. I got $80 off my speakers which brought the price down to a more competitive level.

Ralph

5. Jeran Kuenzie

Crutchfield is far from the cheapest place to buy equipment, but I have never had a bad experience with them. They have excellent customer service and are quick to include extras like a wiring harness, installation kits (car audio), and lots of other useful information for free. Plus all of their stuff has the factory warranty.

6. JustinCleveland

JustinCleveland Cinematographer

Justin Cleveland
    Jeran,

I agree they are not the cheapest, per se, but I do appreciate their excellent customer service and product info. I've said it before, I don't mind paying more, if I feel I am getting what I'm paying for.

7. RolandM

RolandM Stunt Coordinator

8. Ralph Summa

Ralph Summa Supporting Actor

9. Nick T Robot

Nick T Robot Supporting Actor

I purchased a Sony ES reciever and a set of Polk Audio Home Theater speakers (pair of fronts and a center)

The Reciever was on sale at an excellent price (better that any B&M) and the service was excellent. They even gave me a free subsrciption to a Home Theater Magazine.

10. Kenneth Harden

Kenneth Harden Screenwriter

They are expensive (sales can be VERY good), but they take great care of you.

If you are worried about a piece of gear, get it from them, as they will make everything right.

Great for car audio.

11. Tony--C

Tony--C Auditioning

I'll chime in also with a positive Crutchfield note. Bought my last car CD receiver and speakers from them. The detailed instructions on how to dissect my CR-V dash for installation made the purchase more than worth it. Their closeouts can be very good deals.