What's new

crutchfield will sell denon (1 Viewer)

I called crutchfield today and to my delight they will start to sell denon products sometime is September and just to know it is an authorize site.
------------------

Lewis Besze

Senior HTF Member
Too bad they got beaten,by Wal-Mart!
biggrin.gif

------------------
"You Hungarians always disagree"

Barry_B_B

Second Unit
Real Name
Barry
True, but as there are no Wal-Marts in my area and as a repeat-many-times-over Crutchfield buyer, this is encouraging
biggrin.gif

TomH

Second Unit
The problem with Crutchfield is that they sell everything at nearly list price. Apparently that is all that is required to be an "authorized" Denon internet dealer.
Tom

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Tom, I was thinking the exact same thing. I use Crutchfield's web site as a good resource, but I won't pay their prices. I got a Sony SCD-777ES SACD player from Oade Bros. last October for $1500 when Crutchfield was selling it for $2500. The '777ES was shipped double-boxed, the Sony box was sealed, and Oade Bros. is an authorized dealer. I've bought many brand new Sony ES items at discounted prices from J&R Music World, another authorized dealer. When J&R Music World and Oade Bros. start selling Denon, let me know. :)
------------------
My:
HT Pics ; Equipment List ; DVD Collection ; LD Collection
KeithH: Saving the Home Theater World Before Bedtime

JerryW

Supporting Actor
Yeah, Crutchfield's customer service is top-notch, but their prices are what keep me from buying from them. Slightly better customer service, AFAIC, isn't a good enough reason to pay 20-30% more for a piece of equipment.
Now, if their prices were more competitive I'd buy everything from them. They wouldn't have to be cheaper than everyone else, just in the same ballpark. Why should I order from them (and have to put up with shipping hassles and possible shipping charges for returns) when I can get the same price from every B&M store in town?
------------------
"But you have to remember that a worm, with very few exceptions, is not a human being." - Freddy

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Jerry, absolutely right. That's a point I forgot to add. I can go into Tweeter and buy a Sony SCD-C555ES multi-channel SACD changer for $1700 or I can buy it by mail from Crutchfield for the same price plus shipping and worry about it being damaged in transit. Why bother with mail order in that case? I live in Delaware, so I don't even pay sales tax. Of course, I would buy the 'C555ES from Oade Bros. or J&R Music World at a discount before I'd buy from Tweeter.
------------------
My:
HT Pics ; Equipment List ; DVD Collection ; LD Collection
KeithH: Saving the Home Theater World Before Bedtime

Rachael B

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rachael Bellomy
Jerry, I wonder if Statement A/V will boot Denon out of their product mix? I suspect they might. The times may be a'changin'? Hi-end dealers don't like to carry anything that Crutchfield does. It could mean alot of dealers will dump Denon, maybe? Proably? I know I'd have to strongly consider it if I was a dealer. Best VOL(!!!) wishes!
------------------
Rachael, the big disc cat! Remember, actual mileage may vary....
AFI Film Challenge, hey I've only got 3 to go!

TomH

Second Unit
There are now very few places that you can't buy Denon. They are able to exploit the "authorized dealer" niche while moving tons of product through nearly every possible retail outlet. This has both dealers and customers confused.
I still am not really sure what an "authorized" dealer is but I suspect it involves moving a certain quantity of product and agreeing to price control in return for products a week early and the logo for your shop. It certainly does not mean that the dealer is held to higher standards or is more knowledgeable.
Maybe Denon should consider splitting the product line. Sell the 3802 and lower products to anyone who wants them and only sell the 4800,5800 and separates to "authorized" dealers. They could clamp down on unauthorized sales of the higher end products and restore some credibility to their authorized dealers.
Tom

Aurel Savin

Supporting Actor
Keith:
Actually J&R is an authorized Denon dealer, but they only sell it at their retail location in NY.
Aurel
------------------
RIGHT ... CHEERS!
header2.jpg

The Hole

Chip E

Screenwriter
Aurel, i wonder if you could call J&R and buy Denon stuff over the phone?..... I know you can with Sony's ES line. I've bought quite a few things from J&R over the last almost three years. I'm not in the market, just curious... i may call them to see.
- Chip
B&K AVR-307
Sony S9000ES dvd player
Sony M-333ES mega changer
Dish 6000 HD receiver
Panny VCR
PSB Stratus Silveri main's
PSB Stratus C6i center channel
PSB Image 10S surround's
SVS 20-39PC sub :)
------------------

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks