Crutchfield has the Denon AVR-5800

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by KeithH, Aug 14, 2001.

1. KeithH

KeithH Lead Actor

2. Chuck C

Chuck C Cinematographer

3. Alex Yang

Alex Yang Stunt Coordinator

Chuck,
    What are you talking about ??!?!?!? Crutchfield sells BOSE!!!?!?? [​IMG]
    -Alex

4. Trevor Schell

Trevor Schell Supporting Actor

Pricey,,Hope they match the competition.
    ------------------
    Trevor..[​IMG]
    My HomeTheater S.E. Sonically Enhanced
    Updated new pictures!

5. KeithH

KeithH Lead Actor

Trevor, Crutchfield does not match prices. Their attitude is that with Crutchfield, you are paying for customer service. They charge no restocking fee if you want to return an item for a refund simply because you don't like it, and they pay return shipping costs. Also, they do provide free technical support for your item for life. This all sounds well and good, but it's not good enough for me to pay their prices on most items. I've bought from them in the past when I've had trouble finding items elsewhere. The return policy is nice, but I have not found their technical support line to be very helpful. The problem with Crutchfield, I find, is that they are a jack of all trades, but a master of none. They sell a lot of products by a lot of manufacturers, so I think it is hard for them to keep up with the nuances of all their merchandise. With Sony gear, I have generally had better luck calling Sony than dealing with Crutchfield.
    So, if one wants a '5800 through Crutchfield, expect to pay $3800. It's ridiculous. I bought my Sony SCD-777ES SACD player from Oade Bros. last year (authorized dealer; shipped double-boxed) for $1500 when Crutchfield was selling it for $2500.
    ------------------
    My:
    HT Pics ; Equipment List ; DVD Collection ; LD Collection
    KeithH: Saving the Home Theater World Before Bedtime

6. Chip E

Chip E Screenwriter

Yea Keith, and you know as well as i do that J&R will let you return anything in 30 days with you simply paying return shipping. I'd never buy anything from Crutchfield (well, again anyway. I bought a vidio cable from them) I ain't pay'n list.. [​IMG]
    - Chip
    ------------------

7. KeithH

KeithH Lead Actor

Chip, good point about J&R. They are great. I do hit Crutchfield's web site from time to time for information and pictures of products. Their web site is first-rate. Crutchfield is a classy operation, but their prices are lousy. For most things they sell, I'd sooner shop at Tweeter since the prices are equal. At least with Tweeter, I don't pay shipping and can take the product right home, and since I live in Delaware, I don't pay sales tax either. Of course, I can usually get the same merchandise from J&R for less even with shipping and insurance figured in.
    ------------------
    My:
    HT Pics ; Equipment List ; DVD Collection ; LD Collection
    KeithH: Saving the Home Theater World Before Bedtime