What's new

Crutchfield has the Denon AVR-5800 (1 Viewer)

KeithH

Senior HTF Member

Alex Yang

Stunt Coordinator
Chuck,
What are you talking about ??!?!?!? Crutchfield sells BOSE!!!?!??
wink.gif

-Alex

Trevor Schell

Supporting Actor
Pricey,,Hope they match the competition.
------------------
Trevor..
shellshock.gif

Link Removed Sonically Enhanced
Updated new pictures!

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Trevor, Crutchfield does not match prices. Their attitude is that with Crutchfield, you are paying for customer service. They charge no restocking fee if you want to return an item for a refund simply because you don't like it, and they pay return shipping costs. Also, they do provide free technical support for your item for life. This all sounds well and good, but it's not good enough for me to pay their prices on most items. I've bought from them in the past when I've had trouble finding items elsewhere. The return policy is nice, but I have not found their technical support line to be very helpful. The problem with Crutchfield, I find, is that they are a jack of all trades, but a master of none. They sell a lot of products by a lot of manufacturers, so I think it is hard for them to keep up with the nuances of all their merchandise. With Sony gear, I have generally had better luck calling Sony than dealing with Crutchfield.
So, if one wants a '5800 through Crutchfield, expect to pay $3800. It's ridiculous. I bought my Sony SCD-777ES SACD player from Oade Bros. last year (authorized dealer; shipped double-boxed) for $1500 when Crutchfield was selling it for $2500.
------------------
My:
HT Pics ; Equipment List ; DVD Collection ; LD Collection
KeithH: Saving the Home Theater World Before Bedtime

Chip E

Screenwriter
Yea Keith, and you know as well as i do that J&R will let you return anything in 30 days with you simply paying return shipping. I'd never buy anything from Crutchfield (well, again anyway. I bought a vidio cable from them) I ain't pay'n list.. :)
- Chip
------------------

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Chip, good point about J&R. They are great. I do hit Crutchfield's web site from time to time for information and pictures of products. Their web site is first-rate. Crutchfield is a classy operation, but their prices are lousy. For most things they sell, I'd sooner shop at Tweeter since the prices are equal. At least with Tweeter, I don't pay shipping and can take the product right home, and since I live in Delaware, I don't pay sales tax either. Of course, I can usually get the same merchandise from J&R for less even with shipping and insurance figured in.
------------------
My:
HT Pics ; Equipment List ; DVD Collection ; LD Collection
KeithH: Saving the Home Theater World Before Bedtime

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks