Crutchfield DVD Players

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by KennyG, Dec 22, 2003.

1. KennyG

KennyG Extra

I was looking to get a Kenwood 6050 from Crutchfield but they're sold out. If anyone visits their site, what do you recommend as DVD players from them?

I plan to buy a receiver too, so I'd get 10% off the entire order. And I think another bonus for being a first time buyer.

I want to stay somewhat inexpensive. WOuld you go with a Panasonic 563A? Or a Faroudja model like a Denon 910 or 1200? Originally I wanted the Kenwood for multidisc, DVD Audio, Faroudja, and price. Now I want something comparable but can't find anything. What do you recommend?

2. Scott L

Scott L Producer

Crutchfield is simply #1 for customer service, I've yet to receive better from an electronics retailer. They do however charge retail for most everything, even their Sale items can be found online new for cheaper.

If cost is the primary concern check out www.pricegrabber.com . Did that help you out any?

3. Marvin

Marvin Screenwriter

Marvin
    You can also check their 'scratch and dent' section. They say these are items with cosmetic damage which they guarantee, though I've never ordered any s&d stuff.

In any case, if you PM me, I can give you a referral code which will get you $20 off your first order.

4. JamesGL

JamesGL Stunt Coordinator

$20 off the first order? Interested here, what is the minimum?

5. Marvin

Marvin Screenwriter

Marvin
    James,
    It's $20 off your first order of $200 if you use a referrer's code (which I PMed you).

6. KennyG

KennyG Extra

I actually went ahead and ordered an Onkyo 501 receiver and a Pioneer 563a today. I wanted to keep it inexpensive, so that's what I did. I really wanted an Onkyo 601 and a Denon 1200, but didn't think I could afford it right now. I'm sure a few years down the road, hopefully I'll have a house and my own home theater room to buy for, but for now in the apartment life, this will do. I had a few of those $20 off codes (Marvin-not sure if used yours but thanks) and got the 10% off for buying a receiver and DVD player together so it came to $403 for both, no tax, to be shipped tomorrow.

7. Ernest Yee

Ernest Yee Supporting Actor

The Pioneer 563A was a good choice, I've heard nothing but good things about it. In fact, after a bit more research, I might get one myself!

8. KennyG

KennyG Extra

Ernest,

I had to stick to an inexpensive piece, and from what I've read it seems to be the best for the price (sub-$200). Someone linked to a review of it, and after reading it I decided I should just go with it. I hope pairing it with the Onkyo 501 receiver (also got it in silver) will produce some nice sounds. I'm excited, I just hope it comes while I'm home tomorrow.