crt under 1900 digital under 2500?

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Jeremy Swenson, Mar 1, 2004.

1. Jeremy Swenson

Jeremy Swenson Stunt Coordinator

what are some good tv's in that price range, i would go some extra on a decent dlp or lcd but they seem to start at 3000 bucks, are their any for 2500 or below?
    my freind has a mitsubishi 55" pretty nice he got it for 1800 i believe, are other ones in that price range comparable? i was looking at the 52" rca for 1299 at best buy but is it worth spending an extra 500 bucks or so on a better one?
    i will be using a samsung 160-dvi direct HDreceiver and a toshiba dvd player with componant video

2. Jeremy Swenson

Jeremy Swenson Stunt Coordinator

is that rca any good?

3. ChuckSolo

ChuckSolo Screenwriter

Are you talking about the RCA D52W20 HDRPTV? If so,I have t's little brother, the 40" version and have had it about a month now and couldn't be happier. I compared it to a lot of other TVs and got it because the features and PQ were excellent for the price range. The high def picture quality is absolutely stunning. The ony difference between the two, 40" and 52" is screen size, otherwise they are identical. I went with the 40" because I live in a condo and my media room is too small for a 52" TV. When I first got it, I was adjusting the convergence on a daily basis, but now that it has "burned in" for the last 30 days, it appears to have settled down and no longer needs the convergence set daily. After using it for a month I can honestly say the TV is excellent.