What's new

CRT projectors - LCD projectors. (1 Viewer)

cabreau

Second Unit
Ok...I don't think that I'll find a CRT (gun) projector for under $3000 (will I?). So, I think I've decided on an XGA, LCD projector with a 4:3 aspect ratio (I'll be watching TV on it too, so I'm just going to build a 4:3 screen and have the black lines when I watch 16:9 DVD movies). Any suggestions or links to exceptionally good deals? There was a receiver deal a while back around Christmas time, you could call 6thAve.com and ask for the 3802 Denon receiver and they would substitute it with the 3803. Does anyone know of deals like that in the projector world? :)

I will have a LITTLE bit of ambient light, mostly from rope lights on the floor and a tiny bit of sun coming in from around the curtains, but my wife is building me some fake theater curtains (you know, that red velvet type stuff). I will be getting two couches and putting a raised platform for one of them so that the rear row can see over the front row's heads. I think it's going to be a cool scene, but I won't know until it's done. What I really need to find is a good deal on an XGA LCD projector...that will be the most helpful part of it all.

Robert James Clark

Second Unit
You can definitely find a very good CRT for under $3000.

Just contact Curt Palme on the avsforum. He has a great service.

For me, the maintenance, size, and lack of component or DVI inputs on CRT projectors have driven me back to digital.

I own a Sanyo Z1 and I just ordered a Panasonic AE500u, though oddly enough my wife and I much prefer the look of DLP projectors...

ChrisWiggles

Senior HTF Member
Indeed, Curt's a great guy to deal with, and there are a few other techs such as curt, such as Tim, Terry, etc. Many forum members buy/sell frequently, you can take a peek on videogon. If you're interested, pm me, I have a Marquee 8501 for sale for close to 2K(aka Madrigal MP-9/Vidikron Vision two, etc etc). I think this would qualify as an "exceptionally good deal" or such a similar projector from one of the techs/sellers. Unless you spend 10-15K on a digital there's not much that can touch these. And certainly not an LCD....

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks