What's new

CRT PROJECTOR Needs surge protection (1 Viewer)

T r o y

Supporting Actor
I came across Monster's new and very small power surge protection device AV200 that actually connects to a wall outlet.
My crt projector is hanging on the ceiling away from my main audio rack which houses my monster HTS3500.
since I can't connect my projector into my HTS3500, I know I need to protect it but don't want to spend a lot of money on a separate surge/power conditioner just for my projector.
This Monster AV200 seems to be the perfect little power surge protector. It's designed to plug right into an outlet and then you plug your device into it.
http://www.monstercable.com/power/pr...r.asp?pin=1143
Any input appreciated,
troy

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
What a coincidence.
First off, I am moving this to the Tweaks/Connections/Accessories are of the forum.
I just purchased the Monster SW200 surge protector which also plugs directly into a wall outlet...
http://im1.onecall.com/Image%5fProducts%2fMonster%20Cable%2fmpsw200%2egif
My power is up in the ceiling where I will plug this unit into, and my projector will plug into the monster. I too was not in the market right now for one of the powe control centres.

T r o y

Supporting Actor
Gary,

is your panamax plugged into an outlet in the attic just above your NEC ? And you plug into it from there?

I have the same scenario. My 6pg Nec will be plugged into an outlet just above it in the attic where I have power ran to.
Can you tell any improvements at all since you've connected to a power surge device?

thanks for the input,
troy

Mike Hamilton

Stunt Coordinator
There is also a nice little device from PS Audio in the form of a duplex outlet. That might offer a bit better performance than the Monster piece (though the Monster is worth having for the price and better than no protection).
Be certain though, that it doesn't lift ground, or you might be in for other issues as a consequence.

Gabriel_Lam

Screenwriter
There's also the Belkin Mastercube with a 1045 Joule, 45,000 Maximum spike Amperage rating with EMI/RFI noise reduction filters (up to 43dB reduction), $50k connected equipment warranty, and lifetime warranty for $6.46 plus shipping. There was a deal for a clear version of it (instead of the white one) for $3.75, but that deal is done unfortunately.

I'm using one for my digital projector (Proxima DP8000, XGA native, 3000 ANSI lumens, 800:1 contrast).

Gary_Sc

Agent
Troy,

When I finished the theater room in my basement I ran a dedicated outlet for the projector. The outlet is in the ceiling right behind the projector. I plugged the Panamax into that and the projector into the Panamax. If I remember when I get home tonight I will post a picture.

Gary

T r o y

Supporting Actor
Everyone,

This is some great info. guys! I'll also give consideration to the others mentioned besides the Monster.

Thanks!

Gary, Post that pic, I'd like to see it.

T r o y

Supporting Actor
Hey Gabriel, that Belkin unit looks sweeettt! :)
I may end up getting this one. Heck for that price you really can't beat it. For all that it does, I'm surprised it's as inexpensive as it is. I was comparing the Belkin unit to the Monster and both are very comparable. However, the Monster costs almost 3 times the Belkin.:eek:
Appreciate the recommend,
Troy

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks