What's new

CRT fp inside of table? Where to find these tables (1 Viewer)

Real Name
Jeff Schnebelen
I am looking to floor mount my new Zenith 895x crt and I have been told you can get (or make) a coffetable or something like it to put the crt in.

Two questions:

1: How far off the ground should the projector be?

2: Where can you find manufactured tables of this sort?

Kevin P

Screenwriter
A friend of mine installed a Pro895x into a coffee table. He had the table custom built by a cabinet maker.
As for the height of the projector, this depends on the size of your screen. To figure it out, use these formulas:
A = Distance from Projector to Screen = 1.179 * Screen Width + 2.063
B. Display Center = A * .3057 + 8.44. This is the vertical distance from the vertical center of your screen to the bottom of the projector. Use this to determine the height of the projector in the coffee table.
If you have a 96" wide screen, A would be (1.179 * 96) + 2.063 = 115.25 inches throw distance. B would be (115.25 * .3057) + 8.44 = 43.7 inches. If the vertical center of your screen is 60 inches from the floor, the projector would need to be approx. 16 inches from the floor.
You can download the Pro895x installation manual in PDF format from here. It contains all the information you need, including the above formulas.
KJP

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks